7. Night In The Rain

Start from the beginning

"Taehyung, we're here to figure out about the man who's the reason behind your misery. You're not here to unfold anything and make friends with everyone. Life doesn't work like that. If your time and worth don't get respected, you should find the courage to walk away."

Only if Taehyung learned how to stand for himself when no one else was doing it for him, only if he ever thought life would put him on a rollercoaster like this, only if he ever knew the difference between good people and bad ones, Taehyung would never let himself hurt like this.

But funny how every pain made him shut more people from his life, people as friends, still Taehyung thinks that it's okay to give them a chance. A chance to hurt him more. Naive, foolish, everything that was Kim Taehyung.

"Don't you think everyone has a reason to be good and bad?"

The small voice broke the mellowed vibes of the evening, the clever words chimed inside their heads. Yoongi turned to look at Jooan who had eyes already on him, he wasn't really expecting that still, it didn't surprise him that the four-year-old spoke facts to his face.

"Everything has to be a reason, kids. But we don't have to be stubborn and know all of them.

The more you let it be, the more you can be happy."

Hold on, try, if you can't, quit. Don't do it if you don't want to.

People lack people who say this when they need it the most. People like Taehyung, Jooan, and Hoseok, lack a person like Yoongi to tell them that it's okay, I know you tried. But you can't control everything. So, let it be. The more you let go of what hurts you, who's hurting you, the more you'll feel free and alive.

No one knows how smooth and simple words can heal a person. How that attitude of Yoongi just conveyed made them relieved of whatever stinging inside them. It was like a shoulder to lean on when you're sleepy, a smoothly flowing river when you're thirsty. And no, not everyone can stand at the place where Yoongi stands.

Only her appa told Jooan that giving up to make yourself happy is fine, only his brother told Taehyung that it's okay not to be okay, life will not always be about the same sorrows. How fast the night changes and here they're, awestruck by Yoongi's words of comfort.

"Yeah, whatever. Still, Iron man is the best.

And... thanks for the life lesson, grumpy grandpa"

Jooan retorted, flipping her hair in a very elegant way, that made Yoongi go starstruck.

"Wha- Yah, you little braa- baby!"

Yoongi bit his lips tightly to suppress the cursing that was about to slip off his mouth. Taehyung and Hoseok on the other hand, couldn't help but smile wholeheartedly. It felt so good to talk like that, forgetting the barriers between them and smiling from the profundity of their souls. The moments passed, and they stood, surviving the silence really well until Yoongi breathed out.

"I think we should leave, Tae..."

It took a snap for Taehyung to realize that Yoongi was talking to him, and he came back from his trance, eyes averting from the sweet playfulness of Jooan and Bam. He stared at Yoongi, wide mint green eyes conveying the distaste in the plan. Wasn't he done already? Weren't his miseries enough for him to learn a lesson by now? Well, don't find a reason to stay somewhere when you clearly know you don't belong there. Taehyung will never learn.

"Bam, let's go..."

It sounded neutral to his ears. He couldn't figure out what to do and what to say when Jooan held Bam's lash to walk away, not even sparing a glance at their sides. Yoongi nudged at his side and Taehyung nodded softly. He has to leave, and probably not return to the placating chaos of Namjoon's mansion, Jeon Jeongguk's home.