7. Night In The Rain

Start from the beginning

"He seems to like your company..."

The soft giggles of Taehyung paused when he heard Hoseok speaking smoothly, a bright honest smile on his lips that made Taehyung halt his every move while playing with Bam. He gave the dog the ball in his hand, patted his head softly, and stood up to confront the man.

"Yeah. Out of all the people in the world, the Doberman of Jeon Jeongguk loves you. That's quite relieving, Mr. Best friend"

Yoongi snapped back on behalf of a silent Taehyung. The younger inside thought to drag the lawyer away because he could imagine the replies Yoongi would probably throw at them as an outcome of his irritated state. Words are always fun for Yoongi, especially when it comes to muting the other. Just like Hoseok now standing silent in front of them, the glorious smile was long gone and Taehyung silently cursed.

"At least he has Bamie here. Too bad that no one here cares for your existence, Mr. Lawyer"

Comebacks are quite fun. Hoseok thought when the bright shades of triumph left Yoongi's face, and in his peripheral vision, he found Taehyung and Jooan struggling to stop themselves from laughing. He indeed won this round.

"Hope you choke on your hip-hop!"

Yoongi growled at the man, retorting faster than the light, which left Hoseok's mouth hanging open. He was flabbergasted, paused for a second, and snapped out of his trance when he heard Jooan's soft giggles.

"F*ck you!"

The harsh words came out from the man who looked hotter than the sun, fusing in anger and before Yoongi could reply, Taehyung stopped him. No, he wasn't going to accept that remark from a stranger and go home, but for the sake of Taehyung, Yoongi scoffed and turned away.

"Hyung, don't create a scene. Is it impossible for you to make friends?"

Taehyung tried, speaking softly and grabbing the attention of people around. He knows how antisocial Yoongi can be from the very childhood, but he's also thankful that the elder is here for him. Keeping that in mind, Taehyung cut his speech to short.

"Tae, don't say bullsh*t here---"

The rest of the words didn't come out but Taehyung knows.

You're the one who used to fight with all my friends because you wanted no one as my friend but you. From. The. Childhood.

"Listen, baby prince. We're not here to make friends..."

The whisper cut the chilly wind as Yoongi lowered his scolding tone to something sweet to Taehyung. And the world says Yoongi shows no emotions. Do they even know how the lawyer just took a deep breath to stand strong in front of Taehyung's puppy eyes?

"Yeah yeah, I know they're good people, Namjoon is good, Jooan is good, and this... Yeah... Everyone is good.

Every person is good in one or another way. But the point is, do they deserve to be yours? Do they deserve your time? Do they deserve the goodness in you?"

Silence. As if Hangang stopped drifting through the woods, the skyscrapers, under the tall bridges and floodlights, on cold nights and lazy mornings, the surrounding dived into a deep serenity. It was a long-desired pause.

Jooan and Bam stopped playing, Hoseok stood silent, tracing his fading shadow, and Taehyung had his eyes stuck on the horizon where birds were flying to find a way home. It was soothing. The inexplicable truce that was beyond his reach for way too long has slowly returned to the broken nest as if it's finally time to take a nap. Taehyung wanted the stars to be his blanket, night to sing him a lullaby and be loved back by the moon.