XVIII

After the morning shenanigans, the four sat down in the dining hall. They were served with poached eggs and hash browns with bits of bacon. Afterward, Mephiles and Iblis returned home to rest for a while. 

After getting dressed in an orangish pink blouse, Shadow met up with Infinite at the front doors. Jaccue came around on a carriage and invited them on. "There's something I want to show you. However it requires a carriage to get there with ease," the jackal prince explained, helping Shadow up.

Once the two princes were situated, Jaccue got the vehicle moving and went through the gates. Once they exited the village Shadow stared in awe at the grassy hills. Eclipse was also admiring the view. That is until he noticed Sonic swimming up the stream right on Shadow's side. Shadow also noticed and briskly shook his head. Sonic stopped with a frustrated face.

After the hillside plains the trio come upon a forest. It took a lot of ducking from branches on the beaten road to finally reach their destination. Jaccue waited with the wooden carriage as Infinite and Shadow stepped deeper into the wood.

The jackal pushes back some brush to reveal a small dock with a rowboat. Infinite helped Shadow on the boat and unhooked the rope. The sky darkens above the trees as Infinite rowed the boat, the hedgehog and crab looking around.

On a bank and out of the way, Sonic and Silver watching the two. "We have seven days left and they are nothing but friends! We need to jumpstart the romance!" Silver whispers to Sonic. All the sudden, Eclipse hops onto a rock and began making gurgling and purring noises. Everyone cringed.

Sonic sneakily swam over to Eclipse and shut him up. He then took a twig and waded over to a group of ducks and turtles. "Now, we have to make a mood," The blue Fishhog quietly said to the animals. He pointed the stick at them, the turtles flipped over and ducks played their bellies like bongos.

Sonic then points at a group of nearby crickets, "Strings." The fishhog quickly ran a finger on his tongue and held it in the air, "Winds." He then points at Silver, "Finally, lyrics." Silver then takes a deep breath, and begins.

"There you see him, sitting there across the way." Silver came swimming behind Infinite, who pondering over something. "He don't got a lot to say. But there's something about him, and you don't know why." Shadow was just looking around, avoiding eye contact with anyone. 

"But you're dyin' to try, you wanna kiss the boy." The ivory fishhog dove beneath the boat when the jackal looked behind him, "Did you hear that?" Shadow just shrugged.

"Yes, you want him. Look at him, you know you do. It's possible he wants you too." The hedgehog and jackal were now smiling at each other. "There is one way to ask him, it don't take a word. Not a single word." The two princes lean in for a kiss but Infinite pulled away and began rowing the boat again, Shadow confused.

"Go on and kiss the boy!" Sonic and some frogs joined in. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la my, oh my! Look like the boy too shy! Looks he ain't gonna kiss the boy." Shadow was left with his head on his hand, with a bit of a frustrated face. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la ain't that sad! Ain't it a shame, too bad. He gonna miss the boy.

"Hey, I am sorry about my instant judgement about the Phantom Ruby... I just believed whatever I was told and didn't ask questions," Infinite set down the oars. Shadow smiled and knods in forgiveness. "I also, feel bad that I never got your name..."

"Is it..." Infinite started, but was interrupted by Sonic's whispers. "Shadow, his name is Shadow." The jackal didn't question where the voice came and just said, "Shadow. That's a cool name." The hedgehog's face was a little dusted with pink at the compliment.

The fishhogs continues to sing, "Now's your moment. Floating in a blue lagoon." The leaves of a willow tree closed behind the boat, Shadow and Infinite holding hands. "Boy you better do it soon. No time will be better. He don't say a word. And he won't say a word. Until you kiss the boy.

A bunch of fish come swimming up in circles, turning the boat. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la don't be scared. You got the mood prepared, go on and kiss the boy." A swarm of fireflies then come flying, lighting up the darkness. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la don't stop now. Don't try to hide it how you wanna kiss the boy." More pelicans with fish and flamingos join in. " Sha-la-la-la-la-la float along and listen to the song. The song say 'kiss the boy." Eclipse was hoarsely singing the lyrics and other flamingos slapped their wings on him to quiet him. "Sha-la-la-la-la-la music play, do what the music says. You gotta kiss the boy." Infinite and Shadow begin leaning into a kiss again, all the pond animals making smooching noises. "Kiss the boy... Kiss the boy... Kiss the boy... Kiss the boy... Go on and kiss the boy..." Before their lips could connect, the boat flipped over. 

Silver noticed Metal Sonic darting away from the boat, he went after him. Sonic also noticed and swam after Silver. The animals then scatter like cockroaches, bounding back into the brush and the trees. The area was eerily silent, just the gasping from Infinite and Shadow who just waded out of the water.

Jaccue was flabbergasted at the wet jackal and hedgehog. After they climbed in, the carriage sped off back to the castle.