1. "I'll Take That As A No Then!"

It was still early when the clouds gave away their water to the city and trees. Aria glanced from her office window glass as the road didn't stop being alive with the rainy splashes that her eyes could appreciate. Each drop is so beautiful as they fall. Perhaps, it'd be fun to sit inside them and feel the adventurous ride directly towards the earth. The moment she realized her thoughts, Aria found herself laughing at her crazy daydreams and silliness.

However, she felt the immediate urge to get out of there, to feel the kiss of cold air and sit on the rooftop with those colors of the magical sunset. She let her eyes see how leisurely yet close the sun was.

Her enjoyment was disturbed by her secretary, Ellie, as she immediately shifted her attention towards the entrance from where she emerged. Aria didn't realize when she'd knocked. However, it doesn't matter as she'd been a really good friend before she appointed her.

"Sign these as quickly as possible." She exclaimed in a rushed tone as she went back. Aria totally recognizes her rush as she sighed.

It'd been a few moments until Ellie was back. Aria looked at her phone for the tenth time within those 2 minutes. It was already time to close. Ellie continued to notice her boss waiting for the clock to strike 7.

"If you're done, can we leave?" She rather ordered.
"I am your employer, don't forget!" She responded by faking a strict tone.
"Well, we're done for the day, Aria. So, basically, my friend mode is back now."

Aria gave her a narrowed gaze to which she got a smirk in return. "Come on! Everyone is waiting!" She reminded her.

Aria's face fell faster than a second. She was an introvert, always preferring loneliness over party music.

"Can't we be at home, rather than go to the same boring club? We could invite a couple of our mates for a bottle of wine and appetizers!" She exclaimed with a positive glint in her eyes as she glanced at her suggestively.

Ellie could only manage a look containing disbelief, "And do what play chess?"

"Well, we could make something to eat! I have plenty of chips as well. I stored them for the weekend!" She smiled. Ellie growled at her.

"I'll take that as a no then." Aria finally gave up giving unreasonable suggestions as she wrapped all her things as she mentally yet steadily prepared herself for the noisy, social night.

It was all set. Before they could end the tasks of the day, a light knock disturbed their thoughts.

"Is it too late?" A lady suddenly emerged.
"Yes," Ellie snapped, "How did you get inside though?"

"I know right. It was hard. I surpassed all the hurdles and managed to find your office." She proudly uttered with a satisfied grin overpowering her expressions.

"Well, I am sorry we're already –" Before Ellie could stop her, she meddled.
"It's an emergency. Please hear me out! I really need you." She shifted her vision towards Aria carrying a pleading look.

Aria looked towards her side where Ellie was rooted. Ellie perfectly knew that her friendly boss would not let this excuse go out of her hand to skip their outing for the night. She warned Aria with her eyes.

Aria's lips steadily formed a full smirk and her friend sighed. The former asked the guest, "Would you like some coffee?"

+++++