The cries of his child being taken away was too much for him to bear that it still haunted him to this day, until his child became an independent country with his other siblings. Taking out a locket from his pockets, A broken clock dispalyed from the side as an old picture displayed of a family to the other side.

"Forgive me... I hope you understand why I did what I did. My precious children."

There an old picture of the younger him, Twins, A male and a female child stood beside each other as they stand infront of a male older than them for a few years stood behind them, All the while a child, rather, infant, sat on his lap whilst a male toddler was reaching out to the said infant.

Philip caressed his finger on the picture, One by one from the oldest child in the picture to the youngest, he whispered;

"Palau, Guam, Mariana, Micronesia and... Marshall."

All five were his biological children, yet, each one, was taken out of his hands, forcibly by colonizers. Philip hadn't seen them since...

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

"Quezon? Earth to Quezon?"

"Ah! Yes, Your excellency?"

Martial chuckled seeing that his temporary aide already his mind somewhere else...

"Are you alright? I know this is quite-"

"No! No... Its alright. I'm just surprised that Manila took a month off so suddenly."

"I was actually the one who gave him a month off. He only requested two days."

Quezon city gave a low 'Oh', focusing back at the little paperwork left by Manila earlier as he ran out the door with a giddy aura. He handed Martial the papers needed for signing and took whatever it is he already reviewed and revised.

"Sir, May I ask a question?"

"Go on."

Hesitant, The city looked at the time and back to Martial, observing his very movements and characteristics of his persona. Truly, This was the closest he had gotten to meet the country representative, as normal cities such as him, need to have permission from their local goverment, the Capital City, namely Manila, and the country representative himself.

"Sir, I have noticed that... You and the other masters are not close as all have presumed you all to be?"

At that moment, Martial just felt to stop his writing and stare at the document below his hand and pen. He slowly remembered all he had done and winced his eyes in the pain of it flooding his mind all at the same time.

"Your Excellency?"

"Things happened. That is why..."

With that, The country continued what he was doing and passed the last document to Quezon. The city doesn't seem satisfied with his answer, but never bothered to ask again as it would only mean he was digging close into a history that he shouldn't meddle in.

"Is there anything more to my schedule?"

"Yes, Your Excellency. Its... the dinner that you had called for the masters."