The Mom Squad

Hello everyone, here's the next chapter of the Little Dinosaur Girl. 

Voice Characters:

Val: Sloane Murray (who played Little Dory from Finding Dory)

Adalyn Walker (Social Service Agent and My Oc): Jennifer Hudson

~0~

Val was walking through the busy airport with Abby and Josh. With them was one of the Child Service social workers named Adalyn Walker. Adalyn is an African/American woman with black curly hair, tied to a bun and brown eyes. She will be the one who is escorting Val to Jurassic World as well as investigating Owen's home to see if he was really fit to take custody for his niece. Val was wearing a blue shirt with a picture of cartoon T. Rex smiling, light brown shorts, baby blue sneakers, and a blue backpack. She was also wearing her mother's red scarf, it was long and almost touched the ground, but Abby adjusted it for her. Her hair was tied into pigtails, they bounced whenever she walked or hops. They made their way to the line of people that was being checked by security. Though, Val was nervous about going to her uncle's work and home. She barely remembers him and worries that she might mess up. However, Josh and Abby assured her that she will do just fine. But before she and Adalyn leave, Abby and Josh were saying their farewells to Val.

Abby gave little Val a big hug and kisses on her cheeks. "Bye, Sweet Pea. Ah'm gonna miss ya so much." She said to Val sadly with a small smile.

"I'll miss you too." Val said letting go of the hug and turned to Josh as she gave him a hug. "Bye, Josh."

Josh hugs her back, he was going to miss her so much. They let go before he took out a small red box with a pink ribbon on it. "Your Pa wanted t' give ya this on your birthday but since 'e can't...Ah was wondering if ya wanted your birthday gift jus' a little early." He said with a smile.

Val blinks at him before she takes the box gently and opens it. Inside the box was a necklace with a raptor claw fossil. Val smiles and she puts the necklace on. She always loves raptors, they're her favorite dinosaurs. Her dad would read her Dr. Alan Grant's book about Jurassic World and how he encountered them. At first, she thought they were scary, but for a while, she saw them as fascinating dinosaurs. Val looks at Josh and smiles happily.

"Thank you, Josh." She thanked him with a smile.

Josh smiles before ruffling her hair a bit. "Yeah, ye're gonna see a heap of dinosaurs there and if sumthin' chases you...run." He whispers the last part, making Val gasp in alarm.

"Josh!" Abby scolded with hands on her hips.

Josh chuckles, "Ah'm jus' kiddin'! Jurassic World 'as the best security. Ain't nothing gonna hurt ya." He assured, making Val relax a bit.

:Ladies and Gentlemen, the flight to Costa Rica will leave in twenty minutes.: The announcer said from the speakers.

Adalyn steps in and clears her throat. "I believe that is the time for us to go." She said as she turned to the little girl.

Val nodded in understanding and went to Adalyn's side. She follows the adult towards the line of people while waving at Josh and Abby, who waved back at her.

"Bye, Sweet Pea!" Abby said with a smile.

"We'll miss ya!" Josh added.

When Val and Adalyn got on the plane, they took their seats in the middle row, and waited patiently as the plane took off to Costa Rica. Adalyn was reading a book peacefully while Val looked at the window. Val was thinking about her parents and wondered about her new life with her uncle. Most kids her age wouldn't worry about these things, but Val wasn't those types of kids. She was different. She was special. Val hopes that her uncle can accept her for who she really is. Val closed her eyes and silently prayed that her new life will be different.