SAD GOODBYES

"Please, Thérèse, do not leave!" Sam yelled out, followed by a sob

   "Please, Thérèse, do not leave!" Sam yelled out, followed by a sob. "I'm sorry, Sam, but they need me to return home. I'm sorry; I don't want to leave, but I have to; okay, I'll be fine. We've kept each other's phone numbers." With a small smile, Thérèse reassured Sam. "Will you be returning? Please let me know when you'll be back!" Sam yelled once more...

 "Sam..." Thérèse responded humbly "No, you're not leaving! You're going to return, right?" Sam began yelling louder. Thérèse couldn't bear seeing her best friend in this state... She walked over to Sam, holding her in her arms, and closed the open car door "Sam I'm deeply sorry; I wish I could say I'm sorry, but I'm not sure." She whispered quietly while holding Sam's face against her shoulder. "If you're leaving for good, let's do a little 2019 recap," Sam said brightly, wiping her tears. "Of course we can, Sammy," Thérèse laughed with a wide smile...

  They reflected on all of the events of that year. The laughs, the smiles, and the general good times they had. Oh, Thérèse was going to miss this... But she is required to return home. Her time in Los Angeles had come to an end, and it was time to return to her old life of trauma and pain. She didn't want to go back, but she had no choice.

  She stood up, bringing Sam with her as she prepared to leave... But all she wanted was one last look at the place she had grown to love. The LaRussos, the family who discovered her wandering the streets alone, the family who took her in and raised her as their own. She loved it, she needed it, and she will definitely miss it.

    Thérèse looked down at Sam and smiled slightly as she prepared to say goodbye. Sam knew it was time to go, but she couldn't believe it... All good things must come to an end, and this was one of them. Sam looked up at Thérèse and smiled back as Thérèse walked away to her car to leave Los Angeles and return to New York City.

Thérèse has arrived in New York City.