Chapter One - Part One

Tommy jolted awake. His breathing was heavy and he was drenched in sweat. He sat there trying to grasp what had just happened in the horrible nightmare he had. He looked around and saw nothing but darkness. He shivered and pulled the blanket tighter around him.

"Tommy, you're awake," said a soothing, quiet voice. 

"Who's there?" Wilbur entered the room, his face lit by the lantern he was holding in his hand. 

"Don't worry, it's just me," he said. "I've been trying to get you up this whole time." 

"What... what happened?" 

"You were screaming in your sleep." 

"I... I saw a monster." 

"A monster? What kind of monster?" Wilbur asked, raising his brow. 

 "It... it was green." 

Wilbur frowned and rubbed his chin. "Hmm..was it like a zombie or a creeper..? Or was it a different type of green monster?" 

 "I don't know. I only saw it for a split second." 

Wilbur nodded. "Well, it's still pretty late so you should try to head back to sleep. If any monster tries to get you, I've got your back," he said with a gentle smile. 

 Tommy sighed. "I'll try my best. Goodnight Wilbur." 

 "Goodnight, Tommy. Sweet dreams." 

Wilbur left the room. Tommy lay there staring at the ceiling. All he could think about was the monster. He wondered what the monster could've been. Maybe if he fell asleep he could go back into the nightmare and get a closer look at it. He closed his eyes.

"Tommy...?"Tommy winced as he felt someone touch his shoulder. 

He opened his eyes and saw Wilbur standing there. 

"I think you might want to come see this.." said Wilbur. 

Tommy noticed Wilbur's hands appeared to be shaking.