37. Pari's Maa gets jealous!

Beginne am Anfang

"I. love. color."; "Pari. loves. roses"; "Pari. likes. halwa." Rashmi tried different ways but Pari would only look at things that Rashmi indicated, sometimes saying a word here and there. Nevertheless she would generally stay happy with Rashmi so far...

Although Khushi's mother's heart rejoiced every time Pari's innocent face lightened up with that precious smile, she would fear what if Pari forgot her and started calling Rashmi her mother? 

But every afternoon, after a tiring 3 hour session, Pari's eyes would start dropping and she would call for her maa!

"shleepy (sleepy)." she would tell Rashmi, her cue for handing Pari to Khushi. Thankfully, Pari's afternoon naps were still reserved for her Maa! Small mercies!!

--*--

Soon it had been a month and Arnav and Khushi were meeting Rashmi for a month end review.

"So, Ms. Rashmi, what's the progress so far? I don't think I have any good result yet." Arnav said disapprovingly, as he and Khushi were meeting Rashmi for her monthly review.

"Yes. mr. Raizada, I am trying to make her say one complete sentence. At least 3 words at a stretch. Let's give it another month before I conclude she's autistic or-" and she said it! Even before she completed the sentence, Arnav's face hardened and his jaw was clenched,

"She's perfectly fine! And you better do your job right Ms. Rashmi" he dismissed her, now Khushi having to come to Rashmi's rescue.

"Arnavji, calm down." Khushi held his hand rightly, and turned to look at Rashmi, who looked slightly offended but perhaps she was used to this reactions, "I am sorry Ms. Rashmi. He's just scared for our daughter. In any case, we'll accept your conclusions." Khushi assured her. And Rashmi nodded in acknowledgement.

Arnav, too, in his mind acknowledged whatever would be the verdict, it's just it was still hard to listen to it firsthand!

--*--

"I think we should give Rashmi an extension Arnavji" Khushi told him that night

"Really Khushi? weren't you the one who didn't like her spending time with Pari?" he quirked an eyebrow, in a sarcastic way.

"yes I didn't but I also know that it's important for my baby. What Rashmi is trying to do, you or I can't. She is a professional. And about me, i can give 3-4 hours of my baby's day-time to someone else, that much I can share, beyond that I know she's mine!" Khushi tried her best to reason. But Arnav only saw the latter part of that argument and picked it up to tease her.

"Unbelievable! Generally wives are jealous and insecure about their husbands. You're one of the rarest to do so over our kid" he teased her but also avoided the main topic.

"Haan hain(yeah I am) Koi problem (any issues)? and look who's talking Mr. Raizada!" she shut him up, but refocused on the main issue at hand, "Arnavji, would you really not accept if Pari is autistic?"

"What? Of course I will, khushi, I love her in ANY CASE! It's just that, I don't want any presumptions before anything is confirmed you know? I am sorry if that came out wrong way when we were talking to Rashmi." now he thought back, he really felt apologetic.

"Hmm, it did. And I know you didn't mean bad. But, please, give her some time?" she requested and he obliged. He could give that teacher another month, at least to complete to her evaluation. And Pari was happy with her anyway.

--*--

That evening, as all Raizadas were seated for dinner, Aru, chiku and Piya doing their random chit chats, while Khushi was feeding Pari her dinner and trying to teach what Rashmi was doing

"Pari, say, I love food? bolo baby?"

"I - I luv" Pari tried, to repeat, but gave up in between. It was like, she didn't want to say that. She frowned looking at the plate. She wanted to speak more for her maa, but what exactly?

"yes baby, bolo" Khushi encouraged again.

"I. luv. maa." Pari turned to look at Khushi touching her cheek and Khushi's heart skipped a bit. Pari's first complete sentence was that! Khushi turned to look at Arnav, trying to see if he heard, and looking at his expressions, he had!

"Arnavji, she said, aapne suna na (you heard right)? my baby said her first full sentence and she loves me!" Khushi said, kissing pari's cheeks, hugging her more to herself in happiness. Her eyes were filled with tears of joy.

"of course she does, khushi! and I am so proud of my angel." Arnav took Pari from Khushi's arms, kissing Pari's forehead. Everyone else on the dinner table was smiling ear to ear too, knowing how big this moment was, while the kids who didn't get much of the occasion just clapped sensing something good just happened!

In the meanwhile Pari was looking at her parents questioningly, what did she do to receive so many kisses at once? not that she mind but..'Maa is sho happy, and Da is happy, so me happy too' was the thought in her chotu sa mind!

And just like that, Rashmi teacher stayed in her job for a longer time!

--*--

A/N - Like I have said many times before, Pari will not speak proper sentences until much later (8-9 years of age) as she is a differently abled kid with speech disorder. But that doesn't mean she will not have her moments. And of course Arnav khushi will do everything to address her needs, as every child is precious! Do let me know if you liked this one :)

p.s. by some glitch, some of you didn't get notifications for updates lately, so pls double check its added in your library and pls read previous chapter or 2, if you haven't.