They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Onika broke eye contact backing away.

"I—I'm fine Bey. I promise." Onika said as she reached for her apron, pulling it over her head.

Beyoncé still didn't buy her answer but she didn't want to press the issue.

"Okay." Beyoncé nodded. "And thank you again for coming in last minute."

Beyoncé decided to have her and Draya's second date at her penthouse due to the fact, she couldn't get any reservations at the 5 star restaurants she preferred, on such short notice.

Beyoncé didn't mind though, she wanted it to be more intimate and romantic so she could make a good impression.

Onika thought it was a nice gesture but in the back of her mind Beyoncé was moving a bit too fast.

Beyoncé came up with a whole plan of a nice dinner, surrounded by rose petals and dimmed lighting. She's naturally a romantic at heart so it's not surprising that she's willing to go all out for her date. She figured what's a better way to get to know someone?

Once she was explaining to Onika her ideas for the date, Onika agreed to prepare dinner and dessert for the two. Onika truly didn't mind, as long as Beyoncé was happy.

"It's no problem Bey, I'm happy to help. Now go get ready so I can prepare dinner!" She pushed Beyoncé towards the stairs.

"Okay, okay! I'm going!" Beyoncé giggled jogging up the stairs.

••••
6:58 p.m.

Beyoncé was putting her finishing touches on her matte red lipstick. She went to check her phone to see if Draya texted her back.

They had been texting all day and Draya randomly stopped replying around 5 o'clock.

Text Messages

Beyoncé: I can't wait to see you again ☺️
Sent at 3:50 p.m.

Draya: me either.
Read at 3:56 p.m.

Beyoncé: Is there any food allergies I should know about so I can inform my chef?
Read at 4:10 p.m.

Draya: no I don't have any
Read at 4:18p.m.

Beyoncé: Okay perfect. I'm typing up the menu now. Tonight will be one for the books. 🤗
Read at 4:32 p.m.

Draya liked your message.

Beyoncé: Here's my address: 410 Grey Land Dr. Once you arrive call or text me so I can buzz you into the building. See you soon!
Read at 5:02 p.m.

Beyoncé didn't really worry about her not responding at the time because she was about to starting getting ready so she assumed Draya was too.

It was now 7:05 and she had yet to hear from Draya. She decided to give her a call.

Beyoncé put the phone to her ear and instantly heard Draya's voicemail.

"That's weird..maybe she's just driving." She shrugged and decided to head down stairs where she could already smell food and hear music playing.

"You give me, you give me the sweetest taboooo!" Onika sang as she plated the food.

Beyoncé chuckled quietly watching Onika sing and sway her hips to the music.