Freefall.

When Hell's Kitchen's Angel falls for it's very own Devil.

★

Hell's Kitchen wasn't a bad place, it was filled with all types of people. Some were bad, while others were good. Some were wealthy, while others weren't. Everyone who lived there was trying to make a living, some were trying to leave Hell's Kitchen, and some were just trying to survive.

Ruben Manuel Ortiz, often known as RM Ortiz in the ring, was quite literally fighting for his life to get out of Hell's Kitchen. He was a boxer, and a very talented one. He only lived and fought for his daughter Roselia, whom he nicknamed La Ángel de Hell's Kitchen. She was the reason he took up boxing: to shield her from the darkness of Hell's Kitchen, where she was the only shining light left.

 She was the reason he took up boxing: to shield her from the darkness of Hell's Kitchen, where she was the only shining light left

La ángel de Hell's Kitchen, Roselia Mabel Ortiz. She was an exact replica of her father. She lived for him, just as he did for her. She followed in his footsteps and became a boxer, and she was just as talented as her father. They even shared the same initials, which Ruben chose on purpose. They only had each other. Roselia's mother died while she was giving birth.

She was kind-hearted and innocent. The air in Hell's Kitchen was polluted; she was a breath of fresh air. Nonetheless, she adored Hell's Kitchen. She adored the people who made Hell's Kitchen what it was. She and her father had shared a small apartment complex. Roselia used to feed the stray cats that lived in the alley behind the apartment building when she was a kid. She'd plant flowers to brighten the place, put out birdseed for the pigeons, and bring snacks for the elderly lady who lived in the left apartment next to hers.

She was a true angel, a gift from God to the troubled Hell's Kitchen. Her father wasn't the only one who believed she was an angel. The young boy who lived next door in apartment 26, shared the very same thought. Matt Murdock, a young boy who also lived with his father, a boxer.

The first time the two crossed paths was when they were four, Roselia was skipping around the halls of the apartment pretending to be a princess when she ran into Matthew, who was looking for a first aid kit to treat his father's injuries from work. Roselia was the one to help him, as she had to do the same for her dad at times.

They hadn't left each other's side since. They would pay visits to each other's homes, and their fathers became friends. Roselia occasionally assisted in stitching up Matthew's father's wounds, whenever Matt needed help.

The night of the incident, Roselia had no idea what she would lose or how it would impact her. Roselia was the first person to knock on his apartment door the night Matthew lost his vision to check on him. Every time a car passed by or someone knocked on a door, she noticed him wincing. She was the only one who noticed his heightened senses.

After that, they'd spend every day together, helping Matthew in navigating the world with his enhanced senses. Matthew returned home for one last time the night he discovered his father dead in the locker room. He knocked on Roselia's door and asked permission to look at her. She stared at him, puzzled, with furrowed brows, but consented.

The boy raised his hand and traced her eyes, nose, and lips with it. The hairs on his neck stood up as her breath fell on his hand and his mind painted a portrait of her in his head. Roselia's face lit up with a small smile, which Matthew felt and returned. "I wanted to see you one last time," he said as he drew his hand away. He said this before returning to his apartment. Roselia frowned at his words; she wasn't sure what he meant by "one last time," but she didn't think much of it as she returned inside and shut the door behind her.

Roselia had gone to check on Matt the next day, but she found an empty apartment. He'd already been taken in by stick, but Roselia had no idea.

Weeks became months, and Matthew Murdock was nowhere to be found, at least not by Roselia. Every week, she would go to the apartment to see if Matt would return, only to find dust.

She had to move on with her life at some point. Roselia had taken up boxing following in her father's footsteps. Her fourteenth birthday had finally arrived, five years after Matt had vanished. Roselia and her father had packed up and moved to Brooklyn. Her father had been signed by a boxing club there, which paid better than Hell's Kitchen ever could.

Roselia was still living in Brooklyn, thirteen years later, at the age of twenty-seven. Her father's death five years ago had a significant impact on her. Her passion for boxing waned, and she gave up. She eventually got into writing, wrote many books, and gradually began to gain recognition for her work. Her books were well successful. She wrote about boxing and crime, as well as her own life. "The boy in apartment 26" was the title of her most recent book. It was unfinished.

Hell's Kitchen's angel had returned home, and the reason? Matthew Murdock. She'd never forgotten him, had never stopped looking for him, and had never stopped caring about him.