Chapter 28 - "Hey, Beasty!"

Start from the beginning

"So, uh how long have you and Remus been-?"

Knowing what he meant, Sirius chuckled and said, "since fourth year, after the big win."

"Ah, that's a while... You- you uh kept this from me?" James asked with a slight hurt face.

"You didn't tell me about you and Flynn." Sirius stated.

"Okay- that's because we weren't on speaking terms. Plus I wasn't just going to go up to you and be like, 'oi, mate, guess what? I finally had the balls to ask the girl I fancy out' I was mad at you still."

"Yeah, well gay couples aren't exactly 'normal' right now so I guess that I expected you to be homophobic and go around telling everyone." Sirius confessed.

The Potter boy looked at the boy with furrowed eyebrows, "you.. You think that I'd judge you? My best mate? And you think that I'd stoop that low? No.. I wouldn't."

"I know that now..." The older boy said sheepishly.

"Pads, I'm gay."

"What?"

"I'm joking! I was going to say for Avery but realized that wouldn't make sense and wouldn't be as cute as I thought it'd be." He explained.

"Oh, yeah, well I'm gay for Remus."

"What the bloody hell did I just walk in on?" The two boys look over to see Peter stood there with an utterly confused look on his face.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°

"Sev! Hey, why haven't you been around much? I feel like we've drifted." Lily Evans says with a frown on her face as she catches up with her best friend.

Sure, he shouldn't be out right now but Lily didn't care at the moment and wanted to catch up with her boy best friend.

"Oh, uh just been hanging out with Avery and some other friends, ya know?" Severus muttered.

"Oh."

"So.. How've you been... Bestie? Is that the word? Or is it beasty? I'm going with beasty because it sounds right." Severus stated confidently as Lily bites her lip to hold in her laugh.

"Um, yeah! It's- it's.. Beasty." Lily laughs.

The greasy haired boy studies the red heads face for a minute before he sighs and asks, "it's not beasty, is it?"

"No! No, it is! I pr- I- it is, Sev! You can even ask Avery. She'll confirm it, it's beasty. Actually maybe don't ask her since she will probably get annoyed since.. There's a test! We have in uh charms." Lily stumbles over her words.

The Slytherin raises a suspicious eyebrow, "Weird, I don't have a test in charms."

"Oh that's because Potter and Black had recently made a small scene in class and Flitwick decided to make us have a test. A few students were acting out, too. So Avery wants to try to keep a good grade even though this test should be small and wants to study. She's smart so she- uh- she shouldn't need to study for it." Lily laughs nervously.

"Hm. Alright. Well, night, Lily. Nice speaking to you." Severus said as he turned around and walked away.

Lily lets out a laugh before covering her mouth with wide eyes. She uncovers her mouth after a few seconds and asks herself, "did I just cause a prank? My first prank? Wow, I wanna do it again!"

°·°·°·°·°·°

The next day, Avery was on a walk when she notices Severus walking over to her.

"Oh, hi, Sev!"

"Hey, beasty!"

Harley looks at the boy with a questioning stare before she notices Lily in the distance with a paper and big words on them. As she looks closer she notices it says 'JUST GO WITH IT! CALL HIM BEASTY, HE THINKS IT'S BEASTY INSTEAD OF BESTIE AND IT'S HILARIOUS'

Quickly looking back at her friend she greets him, once again, "hi, beasty."

Severus stares at before saying hey again. The two stand there before Avery asks, "so.. How's your day been, beasty?"

She emphasized 'beasty' when she asked the question.

"Good. Yours?"

"Amazing. You know, I think that you should go talk to Lily and tell her that she's your number one beasty and that, uh she is getting shipped with Marlene." Avery says with a smirk knowing that the boy doesn't know what that means.

"Okay?"

The boy gets to Lily and says, "Hey, Lil- beasty. You're my number one beasty. And uh you're getting shipped with Marlene?"

At those words Lily blushes and looks over to see her brunette best friend staring at her with a smirk while waving at her.

"AVERY!"

"LILY, STOP YELLING!"

"YOU'RE YELLING, TOO!"

"WHA- NO I'M- No, I'm not."

"WHATEVER!" The redhead yelled.

"LOVE YOU!"

"UGH, LOVE YOU, TOO!"

Author speakin!

My dad literally found out about this book and was like you got fans and I was like I know. I was so embarrassed so I tried to make the convo quick but it ended up leading to me telling him that I don't write this book anymore. I panicked so yeah 😀👍🏻 that's great