27- Le Plaisir

The water in the lake was still and silent, the air nearly freezing its surface over. Will's car ran idle on the side of the road, close to the edge of the bridge, the lights shining on Hannibal as he stood near the railing. The plan was to leave the car here, leave a note from Will somewhere where the police could find it, and go home. There was nothing they could do from there; Will would have to hide in Hannibal's house while things blew over, and then the two of them could disappear with Will under a new identity.
     Will sat in the car now, still in his Angel body, writing a rough letter that would tell the story they had crafted. He was depressed, he was lonely, and he'd snapped. Fearing jail, he took his own life by jumping into the lake. It was a good method of fake suicide— the lake was so massive that the police would quickly give up on finding a body. The lake was close to the cabin where Will had committed the murder, so it would have been quick and convenient for him had the situation been real. In all, it wasn't flawless, but it would be enough. The public would rather focus on the Shrike case anyway.
     The passenger door of the car shut, and Will emerged to stand next to him. They watched the lake silently for a moment, then Hannibal shed his body in a flash. They were equal beings now.
     "Will Graham is dead," Lucifer said.
     Tranquility nodded, solemn. "I won't miss him."
      "Everyone will be busy here. They won't suspect that you're in Baltimore at all." Lucifer inched closer, spreading his wings and enveloping the two of them. "Are you ready?"
     Tranquility nodded. Lucifer concentrated, and with a small flicker of his wings they completely vanished. The nighttime noises had come to a halt, replaced with the whirr of the refrigerator and the sound of light rain on the windows. They were in Hannibal's kitchen now, transported in an instant. Tranquility looked mystified.
     "I need to teach you something," Lucifer said, squeezing his hand. "It'll be useful later. Close your eyes."
     Tranquility reluctantly obeyed. "Okay?"
"Imagine your human body, Will. It's yours— I'm sure you know it well. Imagine yourself becoming human again. Your skin, your weight, how it feels to breathe and to have a heart beating underneath your ribs." As Lucifer spoke, he plastered the image in his own head. Silently, his own body returned to human form with no problems.
Will's transformation was not as graceful; he stumbled forward into Hannibal's arms with a loud gasp for air. Hannibal caught him, startling when he felt the light brush of feathers against his fingertips. He looked up, noticing that Will's wings were still out.
     "Your wings are fully formed," Hannibal told him. "They broke out already in the forest."
"Can I see them?" Will asked. His body was drenched with water and blood, ruined clothes sticking to his skin and his wounded cheek still bleeding.
     Hannibal nodded. "After you clean up." He warily reached for Will's cheek, wiping the excess blood off the cut as he examined it. It wasn't as bad as he thought it was. "I'll take care of this once I clean it."
     "I'm such a mess. I'm sorry."
      "Oh, stop. Come with me." He reached into a nearby cabinet and retrieved a trash bag before leading them into the master bath.  
     Hannibal took off his shirt and stuffed it into the trash bag. "We'll burn these," he said to Will before unzipping his pants. Will looked surprised for a moment, but then he reluctantly began to remove his shirt.
     "You act like you've never showered with another person before."
     "Maybe I haven't." Will shifted his gaze away, defensive.
     "This is probably the least difficult thing you'll go through tonight. Please don't be nervous." Hannibal stepped closer and unbuttoned Will's jeans, lowering the zipper. Will finally took the hint, pulling them down the rest of the way. The two then removed their boxers.
     This was the first time that Hannibal had really seen Will's bare legs. They were muscular in all the right places. He resembled Michelangelo's statue of the Angel, which Hannibal had seen in person many years ago, but somehow even more perfect than that. His stomach was softer, his features more human, and that made him even prettier. He tried not to stare at Will's groin, instead taking in the way his hips melded flawlessly into his thighs, his calves, his ankles. He was swooning, and Will noticed.
     Hannibal went to turn on the shower. Will was still pale and shivering, so he waited for the water to become warm. As he turned back around, he saw that Will had finally caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He stared at himself, entranced, examining his wings with utter reverence.
     "Aren't they lovely?" Hannibal said, holding out his hand. "It's nice and warm for you now."
     Will tore himself away, staring at the glass for as long as he could.
     They stepped into the shower and shut the door behind them. The glass fogged up with steam, and they were alone.
     As Will stepped under the water, he sighed with relief. The shivering came to a stop, and Hannibal moved in to join him. They embraced, the blood on their skin sliding off and swirling down the drain. Hannibal moved behind him and stared at his wings. The skin that they sprouted from was caked with dried blood.
     "I never got to repay you for the night in my bed," Hannibal murmured in his ear. "Let me do that now."
     "What do you—" Will stopped the moment Hannibal's hands hit his back. Hannibal rubbed the base of the wings, freeing them from dirt and blood. He moved up slowly, tenderly, feeling his lover's wings for the first time in millenia. Will went weak in the knees, leaning against Hannibal and sighing in pleasure.
     "Oh, Hannibal. I get why you like this so much." That made Hannibal chuckle. "...Are they gonna scar like yours?"
     He hated to have to tell Will the truth. "Yes, baby. I'm sorry. I can't do anything about it."
     "Good." Will looked at him over his shoulder, smiling softly. "I want the reminder. I want to look like you."
     That made Hannibal beam. He kissed the top of Will's head.
     "There is no flaw in you," he said. "None."
     "I doubt that."
     "You don't see yourself the way that I see you, then."
     Will turned all the way back around and slung his arms over Hannibal's shoulders. "Your turn."
     "Hold on." Hannibal grabbed a bottle of shampoo from the shelf, squeezing a dollop onto his palm. He rubbed his hands together and began to massage Will's scalp, releasing his own wings and letting Will stroke them. At the feeling of Hannibal's hands, Will let out a small moan that sent Hannibal into a daze. He kissed Will on the forehead.
     "My Angel." Another kiss. "Sweet, sweet Angel." Another. He nudged Will closer to him, bringing them both under the stream of water. Suds ran down Will's head onto his bare chest, and his laugh was so glorious that it added years onto Hannibal's life.
Will buried his face in Hannibal's shoulder. Hannibal turned his head to get closer, his nose pressing into Will's hair. He could smell everything— his musk, the scent of the forest, the shampoo. "Are you okay?"
"It's just a lot," Will said.
    "I know. But it's all so lovely, Will."
     He couldn't say for sure who started it; all he knew was that they were quickly immersed in a deep kiss. They inched backwards towards the tile wall, their chests pressing together and their hips grinding against each other. Hannibal sucked Will's bottom lip into his teeth and bit down lightly, to which Will let out a soft moan into his mouth. Hannibal inhaled Will's breath, letting a little part of him make its way into his body.
     Will suddenly pulled away, his eyes closed and his mouth halfway open like he was experiencing something riveting. He stayed like that for a long while, and Hannibal quickly became concerned. He spoke Will's name, and Will opened his eyes, which were glistening with something new, something radiant.
     "I saw it," Will gasped. "I saw Heaven."
     "You did?" Hannibal's face brightened with hope. He'd remembered. He had actually remembered something. If he could bring this memory back, what was to say that they couldn't bring back others?
     "We've kissed like this before. I felt it."
     He had to share the full story with Will. Hannibal leaned over to turn off the shower, leaving the room in a stunning silence.
     "I'll start a fire," he said. "We should talk."
     But Will reached out and turned the nozzle, water streaming out once more. Hannibal watched him, confused.
     "Are you not finished?"
     Will looked embarrassed. "I..I've had a really rough night," he admitted. "I just need a minute. I liked feeling normal for a moment there."
     Hannibal felt foolish. Of course this experience had been more difficult for Will; everything he'd ever known had just changed. He wanted to help Will feel secure. "Of course, baby. What can I do? Would you like me to leave?"
     "Don't leave," Will replied almost instantly, squeezing his hand. "Just..." He glanced up with eyes that shone like a puppy's. Hannibal knew before he even opened his mouth that he was going to give him what he wanted. Hannibal would move Hell and Earth for those eyes.
     "Make me feel good again," Will asked. "Please?"
     Do you have any idea what you do to me? All you have to do is say please, and the Devil becomes a shivering wreck. Do you know how powerful you are?
     Hannibal stared him down, hungrily pushing Will back against the tile once more. He tilted his head to kiss Will's neck, taking the skin between his teeth. Will cried out with pleasure.
     But Hannibal wasn't here to waste time with things he'd already seen. He slowly got down onto his knees. The tile was dense under his knees, but the pain would be worth it.
     "Which hip is the bad one?" He asked. Will wordlessly placed his hand on the left one. "Okay. Tell me if this hurts." Hannibal rested his palm over Will's, gently moving it out of the way. He began to massage the skin, this time taking care not to hurt him. He worked the muscle with his fingers one by one, and every now and then he would stop to kiss him on the area. Will didn't seem like he was in pain; his breathing was fluttery, excited.
     "Your body," Hannibal whispered against Will's warm skin. "Oh, you're so perfect. Your body..."
     "Hannibal." Will's voice quivered, but not from fear.
     "If you want me to stop, say something." Hannibal crept his fingers towards the V of Will's hips. He traced the creases there, and then he pressed his lips to the area where the thigh met the groin. He felt his lips brush against Will's cock. The muscles of Will's thighs tensed, and Hannibal kissed him there on the sensitive skin.
     "I think..I think.." Will's body was acting of its own volition, tensing and rocking as waves of pleasure crashed over him. With each kiss, Hannibal felt Will getting more and more hard. "Oh," Will breathed. "Shit."
     "Tell me what you want me to do, baby. It doesn't make a difference to me either way."
     "I don't know. I'm not turned on. I never get turned on. It's just..it feels so good. And I can't control this thing."
     "It's a sensitive area. One prone to pleasure." Hannibal stared at it, licking his lips.
     "Do it," Will blurted. "Do it, I don't care. This stuff doesn't repulse me— as long as it feels good, that's fine with me."
     Hannibal reached for a new bar of soap, one he'd set out only hours ago. He'd wanted everything to be fresh and ready for Will, and that had clearly been the right idea. He'd had scented, unscented, shampoo and conditioner and body wash and exfoliating cream and all the rest.
     He didn't have to wash it, technically. It probably wasn't that unclean. But he wanted to rile Will up, tease him, and this was the best way to do it. Work his way up. Hannibal ran his hands under the water and began to lightly stroke Will's cock. He felt it get slick, washed every inch of it slowly and carefully. Will was gripping Hannibal's forearm, taking his tension out on him, but Hannibal didn't mind. He hoped Will would make him bleed.
     "Oh, fuck.." Will tilted his head back. "Hannibal. You're winding me up."
     He cleaned until he was satisfied with its hygiene. He leaned in.
     He put it in his mouth.
     Will's taste was immaculate. He savored every inch of it, acknowledging the way his skin interacted with every taste bud. He ran his tongue delicately over it, swallowing around it and relishing the way his saliva grew thicker, sliding down his throat and taking Will's taste with it. His lips were wet as he sucked, his cheeks hollowing.
     Will was squeezing his arm so hard that Hannibal thought it would burst. His other hand rested on Hannibal's head, squeezing his hair in his fingers. Hannibal's scalp stung, and he could practically feel his forearm bruising under Will's hold, but none of it mattered to him. Will's moans rang through his ears like a delicate song.
     "Oh, my God. Hannibal. Oh, my God."
     His need was even greater now that he'd gotten a taste. He moved in deeper, the head tickling the back of his throat. Hannibal's eyes were half-lidded, as he had let himself sink into the pleasure.
     "I'm gonna...I'm close. Shit, you're really fucking good at this."
     Knowing what was about to happen, Hannibal moved back to where he could feel the head on the tip of his tongue. He slowly dipped his tongue into the slit, covering every part of it—
     Will let out a loud exhale, and Hannibal tasted Will's release. He let it travel down his throat, throat bobbing as he swallowed. Will was about to completely collapse, so Hannibal got back up to steady him. Will was drenched with sweat— it had gotten a little too hot in the shower.
     "You okay?"
     "Uh huh. Yeah. Yeah." Will nodded, out of breath. "Holy shit."
     "Good enough for you?"
     "Uh huh. Thank you. Thank you."
     I should be thanking you. "Let's get you calmed down, okay, baby? I have to fix up your cheek, too."
     "Okay. Okay, yeah. Wow." He placed his hand on Hannibal's chest.
     Will's shock was charming. Hannibal kissed his lips. "You're lovely," he purred. "Now come with me."