"Who did this?" Jana demands as soon as she's close enough, she had told him forever ago that she would take on the galaxy for him, and she would start with whoever inflicted the nasty burn on his leg. She would raise the blaster again. She wouldn't hesitate.

Din shuffles the woman into the nearest alley, grunting with the effort of it and not stopping until she's against the cool bricks of one of the buildings they stand between.

"What are you doing?" Din asks, voice hard and even, dropping the bundle of cloth he had been carrying, no doubt the target he had been after. He reaches up to remove the hood from Jana's head, setting his hands on her shoulders once her brown eyes are staring into his through his helmet's T-visor.

"Tell me who did this."

"I did," Din states, making Jana's features soften. His hands squeeze her shoulders, "Cyare. What are you doing out here?"

"You were taking too long, I was worried," Jana gestures to the Mandalorian's leg, which he is carefully trying to keep his weight off of, "And rightfully so, apparently."

"You can't be here."

His words put a weight onto her shoulders, "Din, you can't keep-"

"You're on the New Republic's most wanted list."

"I've been," Jana stops, cutting herself off shaking her head slightly at the shame that floods her. She corrects herself, "That title has been on that list since the beginning."

"The title didn't have a face until now," Din deadpans.

She understands his worry. The last time she embarked on a mission as Killshot she had assaulted Fondor and freed a hundred imps from a New Republic prison. Then she was forced to commit the most heinous of crimes. Unluckily for her, holocams picked up her face for the first time since she took the title.

Jana Calmiken's face and name are wanted for generations of criminal activity.

She knows that she should have stayed in the tavern, all she's doing is slowing them down. Her anxiety had gotten the best of her. Looking up at her Mandalorian, she knows the face underneath the helmet. It had barely taken her a second to memorize the hundreds of shades of brown in his eyes, and the slope of his nose. She knows the sad expression he held when he took the helmet off, and she knows he's wearing that same look now.

She sighs, defeated by the only other will stronger than hers.

Sensing the change, Din manages a small step closer, "I'm just trying to keep you safe."

"I know," Jana nods, unable to stop the sudden sting of tears in her eyes. She clenches her jaw, looking down to her boots in shame at the sudden emotion.

Din gets closer, his hands immediately moving to the sides of Jana's face holding it gently between his gloved hands, and directing her eyes to his, "What is it, Cyare?"

Jana says nothing, she just screws her eyes closed and tries to will away the sadness hitting her.

"Tell me what's wrong."

Jana inhales shakily, "I don't like being away from you. I can't– I can't handle it. Not after-"

"That won't happen again."

"You don't know that," Jana frowns, a tear escaping and immediately being swiped away by Din's thumb, "I'm sorry. I just– I was worried. I don't like it when we're separated."

"Neither do I."

"I could start coming with you on hunts," Jana mumbles, knowing how Din is about to respond.