II : SIXTEEN

Killshot had always drawn fear from her counterparts, whether they be stormtroopers, mercenaries, or townspeople, seemingly everyone she encounters knows of the legends of the scope in her head and blaster in hand.

Everyone is scared of the title besides those who control it.

The one person who isn't scared of the assassin is Moff Gideon, in fact, he feels more assured with her by his side. Especially since he had claimed control of her mind.

Killshot's eyes are empty as she stares out to the space on the other side of the glass bridge of the star cruiser, hands held folded behind her back, and the newly tinted black of the Death Scope on proud display, an assassin's honour to carry.

She had been made into a perfect soldier; compliant, skilled, and prepared to go to whatever means may be necessary to complete her missions, as seen by her merciless assault on Fondor.

Despite her newfound perfection though, sometimes there are flashes of a life she doesn't recognize. Glimpses into a past on a desert planet, a set of mischievous twins, a ship she can't remember, a child's incoherent babbling, as well as a three letter name that makes her heart race, but that she can't seem to recall. However, as soon as they appear, the implant shocks them straight out of her mind, keeping the woman a blank slate. The Empire's favourite weapon.

As she always has been.

---

"Lower your shields, disengage all transponders, prepare for boarding," The enemy ship's demands are simple, and yet the tenor of his voice sends chills through the transport crew's bodies. They had been pursued by a strange ship across parsecs, and the lingering threat of it makes the air around them uneasy.

Dr. Pershing leans forward to the two co-pilots, fear flooding him, "They're pirates. Shouldn't we fight?"

"I don't have a death wish, do you?" A co-pilot counters, hitting the appropriate buttons to disengage the shields around their ship, eyes following the ship that had pursued them as it hovers over them, attaching to them for boarding. The vessel is massive, and dangerous looking, again intimidating the small crew.

There's a thud, and after a long moment of silence, the doors to the cockpit open, and in walks Din Djarin in his full Beskar armour, blaster raised and spear on his back.

The two co-pilots and the Doctor rise from their seats, hands lifted in the air at the sight of him. His armour demands power, the arsenal as intimidating as ever.

"Before you make a mistake, this is Dr. Pershing," One of the Co-pilots states.

Din cuts them off before they can continue, "We've met," The Mandalorian snaps, "Is the Kid alive?"

"Yes," Dr. Pershing nods, "He's on the cruiser."

"And Killshot?"

Then, before Din can get an answer, the same co-pilot that had spoken puts an arm around the doctor, and raises his blaster against him, making the man whimper. When he moves, Din's backup, Cara Dune, strides into the cockpit with a weapon of her own.

"Stay back, dropper," The armed co-pilot immediately spits.

Cara lifts her gun higher, making the other co-pilot flinch, "Easy, Pal. Okay? I'm not with him. We can work something out."

The Pilot holding Dr. Pershing is quick to shoot his partner, putting the blaster back on the hostage in his arms once it's done.

"Drop your weapon," Cara bluntly states.