I : SIX

Things had had changed since Tatooine.

It's subtle, but the difference is there. Before, Jana didn't think twice when the Mandalorian would instruct her to stay in the cockpit so he could eat, or do whatever it is he does when he takes off his helmet. Now, Jana can't stop thinking about what he looks like under the beskar.

Jana has a feeling he's human, like her. There are a million possibilities that flutter into her mind's eye as she's unavailable to stop her curious mind from wandering. Her favourite to picture, however, is a man with dark eyes and a strong jaw.

He's never gone for long. After minutes he comes back to the cockpit, or calls for Jana from the hull, ensuring she eats as well. They spend their time sparring, cleaning and caring for weaponry, and being in company. Most of the time, they're in silence other than the Child's babbling.

Jana doesn't mind the quiet, she had spent so long occupying empty space with explanations of assignments, or her handler telling her she's a disgrace.

The quiet is a nice change.

He's gentle with her. The tone of his voice is never too demanding or harsh, and Jana often feels like his soft words wrap around her like a set of arms after a long day. On both sides there's a kindness, and understanding that comes with the softest lingering touches on the shoulder, or the hand that seem to make Jana's heart pick up slightly in the weeks following their departure from the desert planet.

He's more touchy, too. Nothing demanding or harsh, just soft squeezes of the hand, or touches of her back. Jana suspects that he feels guilty for what happened when he left her alone with Toro, a mistake that belonged purely to Jana, and the small embraces are his form of making up for it. Jana, who hadn't experienced much softness in her life, feels warm whenever she feels his hands, so she had obviously started reciprocating the actions. 

They had grown to know each other in a way Jana hadn't experienced before.

So much had shifted, but so much stays the same.

"Stay close to me," The Mandalorian says as he steers the Razor Crest into the landing bay of the outpost they had been approaching. He had reached out to an old contact about a job, one with a huge paycheck that would support the bounty hunter, the assassin, and their little green Child for a little while.

From her seat, Jana smirks playfully, "You worry too much."

She chuckles when the Mandalorian looks over his other shoulder, to where the Child sits, "This is a bad idea."

When he deploys the landing gears, the brunette woman can hear a sigh come from the Mandalorian's modulator, his breath crackling slightly as he lands the ship, "Come with me."

So, Jana does, picking up the Child once the Razor Crest had been landed. The Mandalorian leads his partner down to the lower level of the ship, stopping once he reaches his armoury. Jana sets the Child in the cot-compartment, closing the hatch with the press of a button before joining her partner. Wordlessly, Jana watches as the Mandalorian opens the swinging doors he had been waiting by, revealing a plethora of various blasters, projectiles, and explosives. So many that Jana can't find the words to say as she steps closer to look at the weaponry.

"Take one," The Mandalorian instructs, his voice firm and commanding.

Jana's brows raise as she looks to the blasters, "What?"

"Take a blaster," And when Jana continues to look at him blankly, the Mandalorian adjusts his stance under her stare, "Please," Jana takes a second to look at the selection, her brown eyes scanning over the shelves carefully before she picks one up from the bottom.