Chapter 11

They forgot about the war in the past few days and played all day. However they didn't forget to teach tae Korean. He also taught them English. Tae quickly learned korean, but teaching english to the three was not easy. (You see, he's in a foreign country, so it's essential him to learn Korean, but not for the other three.)

"Please hyung.., tell me a word in the letter F.."

"No, you write it down... or I'm doing to yoonhi and chim an injustice. You have to do the homework yourself." Tae said trying to provoke gukie a bit. The boy pouted and sat down next to him.

"But hyungie is in my house. You should love me more than them."

"Yeah yeah.. that's right. I love you more than them anyway but you do homework alone. I remember how you taught me korean." As tae refused, gukie gave him puppy eyes.

"I'm not gonna fall for your tricks, petal." As the word came out of tae's mouth, gukie's round eyes became more round.

"Petal?"

"Oh my God! What did I do ??" Tae scolded himself inwardly. The incidence of the day they went to the hunted bungalow was still fresh in tae's mind. It was the memory of those soft lips, like a flower petal,  made tae unexpectedly utter a pet name.

"Ah, t.. this... is a name that we used to call little kids in our country. You are also like my little brother.. that's why I called you by that name.."

"Is that so ?? I like it.. petal... you keep calling me by that name."

"No!"

"Whyy... you're a meanie hyung.."

"......."

"Ok, I don't want it. Just tell me a word in the letter F.."

"Shall I teach a song?"

"A song ??"

"Hmm"

"Ok, I love it." Gukie put both hands to his cheeks and stared at tae, who cleared his throat.

"Listen then.."

When Johnny Jones was serenading Mary
He sure could quote a lot of poetry
But he's much rather tell 'er what he learned in his speller
When they both attended PS 33
you're adorable

Gukie clapped laughing as tae deepened his voice and danced.

(B) you're so beautiful
(C) you're a cutie full of charms

Tae's eyes never went beyond gukie's cute face with a happy smile.

(D) youre a darling and
(E) you're exciting
(F) you're a feather in my arms
you look good to me
(H) you're so heavenly
(I) you're the one I idolize
(J) we're like Jack and Jill
(K) you're so kissable

His eyes lingered on gukie's and stopped at those pink smooth lips.

(L) is the love light in your eyes

Gukie's glowing eyes staring at him took tae to another world for a moment.

M, N, O, P (you could go on all day)
Q, R, S, T (alphabetically speaking, you're OK)
made my life complete
(V) means you're very sweet
W, X, Y, Z
It's fun to wander through
The alphabet with you
To tell (us what?) I mean (uh-huh?)
To tell you what you mean to me
(We love you alphabetically)

"Oh, it's beautiful... say it again." When gukie asked jumping happily like a bunny, tae couldn't refuse him.

"You can sing with me too. You remember the letters... right?? A, B, C.. like that." Tae started the song.