Chapter 19

"You know, this kinda reminds me of the day that we met." I say out loud. "Hm, how so?" He hums, while moving the umbrella so it is under my head. I took a step out from the ledge of the school and stepped under the rain since I was under the protection of the umbrella that Elijah is so kindly holding. "Cause it was raining that day, really hard like today. I specifically remember that day, since I basically ran to the school-'' I blurted out but was interrupted by a hand stuck out in front of me just as I was about to step into a very deep puddle. "Sorry, you were about to step in that" He says apologetically, gesturing to the puddle I was about to step in if not for him. I gave him a knowing glance besides he just saved me from not only wet socks but wet shoes too. As I walk over the puddle I'm no longer under the umbrella anymore, it's not as bad as I thought it would be and actually I think I'm enjoying this as well.

I'm so sick of living in fear, isn't there this quote? Live, Laugh, Love? This was the thing that I promised myself, to live life, laugh while I'm at it, and slowly learn to love myself. So, I'm going to do exactly that.

—--

My brain is telling me I'm going to get real sick, running in the rain, or is that Elijah? I can't tell but the voice is getting farther and farther away while I run to my house.

I stop when I'm a few houses away from my house and start dancing around. I grin to myself, everything is so far away now. It's just me enjoying what's left of my life. I should get used to this, cause as far as I can remember I have always feared this life that I have, always been cautious of everything I do exceptionally if that means to sacrifice things that makes me happy but if this few weeks have taught me anything, it would be that everything, every choice that we make, sacrifices something no matter how small it may be, but sometimes, we have to make those sacrifices in order to achieve something and that something I believe, is happiness.

---

A warm jacket hugs me tightly and warm heavy breathes are against my cheek whispering something I can not decipher and not that I want to, I'm way too tired to even keep my eyes open. They're probably talking about that idiotic grin that is most definitely still stuck on my face. I'm carried somewhere but I'm not worried, I know it's probably just Elijah, I let myself rest my head on his shoulder, taking in the earthy wood scent.

I relax as I am lifted onto a soft warm smoothing mattress that I relax to almost immediately. It's not only then do I fully close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep. 

                                                                 *****

I wake up to absolute silence. I guess the rain has stopped. I yawn as I take a look around, my eyes widening as I take in the unfamiliar room.

What happened?

Was it not Elijah who carried me in?

And if it was, what about his parents?

Was I kidnapped?

Oh no