My fingers unknowingly clenched on Mark's shoulders the same way my heart clenched inside my chest. I am so damned.

At the same time, I am worried about what Mark heard from Jaemin. The secret that I've kept hidden from Mark was finally revealed at the most inconvenient time ever.

This night is horrible.

"Let's get you ready for bed." Mark sighs while opening his car door and carrying me.

I didn't complain because truth be said I don't want to be out of him yet. I need him now. I need him more than ever.

Mark is my comfort and I just hope he wouldn't mind what Jaemin said for too much. I don't want him to be bothered by that.

"Damn." Mark hisses as he puts me to bed and as he extends his arms after. "I want to get mad at everything but... I know you need me now."

"I'm sorry." I sob, my heart breaking as I apologize for that stupid act of mine. "I-I'm sorry, Mark. I-I didn't mean to kiss him—"

"So, it was true?" Obviously, Mark kept his anger in. He asked me ever so softly, so afraid of lashing out at me. "Damn it, love."

"J-Jeno... It w-was him..." My lips quivered badly as I hiccup over and over. I don't know how to form words anymore. "B-Because Jaemin was there—"

"Stop." Mark halts me. I pressed my lips into a thin line, attempting to stop it from shaking and as I bit the skin off my nails. "Not now, Donghyuck... L-Let's talk about this next time."

"I don't want you mad at me." I weep into my hands. I can't even breathe properly anymore. All of this pain had piled up and the only thing I can do is cry.

"Look at me." He says. "Love, look at me."

"I-I don't want—"

"Lee Donghyuck..." Mark sniffled. Right now, he is crying. "Love."

I tried my best to get rid of the blurry vision to look at him and when I finally did, Mark grabbed my hand and kissed the palms of it as he kneels in front of me.

"I will get rid of this feeling first," He breathes out. "Because you are more hurt than I am. I will take care of you first."

From my palms, to my shoulders up until my cheeks, Mark kissed me. "I will love you even in this damned marriage."

Mark cups my cheeks and lifts my head. He kissed my forehead after. "I love you so much, Donghyuck."

Despite having his own emotions, the pain from knowing that I kissed someone else, he prioritised me still. If this isn't his genuine love for me, I don't know what is.

💍

"Wake up..." Mark whispers in my ears, little did he know I haven't even slept yet. "Love?"

"Yeah..." I say with a groggy voice. I coil myself and grab the pillow over my head. I hug it tight and shut my eyes.

"Let's go eat breakfast first?" He asks, dropping on his knees to meet my face. Then, he sighs. "You don't look so good right now and I can't leave you alone."

"I'm fine." I lied. Heaven knows how much I'm hurt and mentally unwell right now.

"I know you." Mark grits. "I really really do. So, don't you even dare lie to me."

Pressing my lips into a thin line, I sob into my pillow. Simultaneously, Mark hugged my face and kissed it a couple of times.

"I don't want to leave when you're like this." He says in my ears, worries obvious in his voice. "This won't do... Let's go..."