십사

One year ago

"I failed my audition, they say I must lose some weight", I sighed.

"Wait-really? I don't think you are overweight. You just have baby fat", Sian exclaimed.

"What should I do now?"

"You still didn't audition in our company"

"Will they accept me?"

"Of course they will. You just have to improve your dancing skills"

"What about my weight?"

"Don't worry once you start dance practice you will loose that automatically", she explained.

"Thank you Sian"

"Ayee, that's what friends are for. By the way you need to practice really hard since there will be auditions next month"

"Now I need to go mom must be waiting for me", I waved her goodbye and made my way towards our home.

"Mom I'm home"

"Already? What about your audition?"

"I failed", I sighed.

"It's okay. You'll make it next time", she gave me a hug.

"What's with that bag? Are you going somewhere?", I asked her when I notice a suitcase.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I know I promised you that we will celebrate your birthday together but I need to go to Jeju with my staff. We have a event", she explained.

Tomorrow is my birthday.

"How many days?"

"Two or three. Once I come let's go somewhere, okay?"

"Amusement park"

"Amusement park? Girls of your age go there with their boyfriends not mother. Ask Gwinam to go with you"

"But mom, we didn't go on a date since eternity"

"Arraseo, let's go. Listen, don't open the door if someone you don't know knocks. The money is on dining table feel free to order whatever you want to eat and if Gwinam comes over and you do something then you know right?"

"Eomma, I'm just 17", I screamed feeling embarrassed.

"Mian, I was just kidding but if you guys really do something use protection, Arraseo"

"Eomma!!", I lightly pushed her.

"Arraseo, I'm leaving now", she laughed at my reaction and then left.

I chuckled remembering what mom said earlier.

I didn't even kiss him.....

I was really hungry but I couldn't order anything after what happened at the audition.

I was eating soms random salad which was tasteless while watching some drama on the TV.

I was so into the drama but then the doorbell rang.

I was startled since it was really late.

I held a frying pan and opened the door.

"Woah, it's me", Gwinam was startled.

"Omo, Gwinam-ah what are you doing here, this late?", I made some space so he could come inside.

"I brought you pizza. Aren't you hungry?"