Chapter 5: Infiltrator

Start from the beginning

"Like you know anything about the shadows," Wally began before noticing her smug grin. Once again he asked, "Who are you!?" 

-SKIP-

"Miss Martian, link us up. We do not want the Shadows intercepting our coms," Aqualad requested as everyone stood in the school Roquette was hiding in. 

"Everyone online?" Miss Martian asked. 

"This is weird," Artemis responded. 

"And distracting." the doctor stated plainly, before beginning on a rant. 

"Lady, do you always complain this much when somebody's trying to help you?" KF muttered, taking another bite of his food. Today was just too long of a day.

"Fate of the world, at stake!" the Doctor exclaimed telepathically as the archer and speedster began to bicker. 

"She started it!" KF huffed, albeit childishly. 

At that, Artemis chose to go assist Miss Martian and Superboy in patrolling the perimeter. 

KF bit into his chocolate bar angrily, earning him a look from Robin. 

"What! NO! That was Speedy's, I mean Red Arrow's.. arrow. Right?" KF replied telepathically. 

Robin shook his head and gave a small shrug. 

"Hmph. Well, still not giving her the satisfaction." 

"You know, I can still hear you!" Artemis exclaimed in exasperation. 

KF groaned. Robin must've sympathized for him because he got a peck on the lips. He pulled him in for a hug and plopped his head to rest against the other's shoulder. Aqualad gave them a warning look. "Right, they were still on a job," KF huffed inwardly.

-SKIP-

"Mmmm.. That boy," Artemis started, staring after Superboy as he walked.

That caused him to turn and look at her, hearing his name. 

"He can still hear you! We can all hear you," Miss Martian frowned. 

"Oh, I know," Artemis replied casually. 

Cutting in, Aqualad requested for Miss Martian to reconfigure the Bioship so that Robin and Superboy could pursue the fog. Robin pulled away from the embrace, gently rubbing the other's shoulder before heading towards the ship. KF sighed, when will the day end?

"You embarrassed Superboy," Miss Martian stated. 

"Didn't hear him say that," Artemis smirked. 

"Must you challenge everyone?" Miss Martian huffed in frustration. 

"Where I come from, that's how you survive." That cause Miss Martian's eyes to narrow.

-SKIP-

Noticing a shadow on the floor, Kid Flash went after it. As he approached the pool, he noticed marbles on the ground and jumped carefully over them. He turned and saw a female wearing a mask. Knowing she was after Roquette, he immediately engaged, eventually knocking her out. KF left her beside the pool and started his way back, lightheaded.

"I'm all out," he noticed, remembering his earlier snack.

He had to stop by a vending machine and restock. He supposed that was one of the downsides to becoming a meta. He tried to get food as quick as possible, but sadly the machine didn't care he was in a rush. As soon as he could, he ran to the room, immediately finding the remainder of the team all in fighting stances.