Chapter Twelve

So, we're closing to an end guys/: I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement. I Played The Player was a great write, and I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it so much.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Bailey closed her locker door, thankful the last day before winter break had ended. She jumped when she saw Kat standing there, but she guessed a part of her knew the other girl would make an appearance sooner or later. She was leaning up against the locker next to Bailey's, the shyness creeping out.

      "Hey," she said. Kat had gotten contacts, so now you could see her honey colored eyes perfectly.

      "Hi."

      Kat had changed over the last few weeks; she wasn't as shy, or afraid to speak her mind out loud. Every day she came to school with a different hairstyle, and she had taken to wearing natural colored eye shadows, or colors that brought out her eyes. She also implemented what Bailey assumed to be 'Alyson's' wardrobe into her own, so she was wearing a lot of girly outfits. While she thought Kat was beautiful now, she was gorgeous when she would wear just jeans and a t-shirt with her old converse.

      Today though, Kat was wearing black flats, blue jeans with faded markings on the thighs, a grey sweater and a white, loose button up that was see through. Her hair was pulled back, bobby pins in various places to keep the slight waves out of her face and off her neck. Her make up was simple, a light grey eye-shadow to match her sweater.

      "My name is Kat Dominguez," she stated, extending her hand. Bailey smirked, and took it in her own.

      "Bailey Tylers."

      "Nice to meet you."

      "You too." Kat smiled then, and Bailey saw a hint of the old her. "Let's take a walk, for old times sake."

      "How have you been?" Kat asked as they wandered through the empty halls. Bailey thought for a minute before replying. She had been going through her classes and days like a zombie. While her body was there, her mind was often in other places.

      "I've been thinking a lot," she acknowledged.

      "About?" Kat questioned, gazing up at her.

      "You, me, Celeste, the dare, just everything."

      Bailey noticed that Kat stiffened a little at the mention of the dare, and she guessed she understood why. After Kat had admitted to creating a fake profile and effectively lying to everyone, the only person who would talk to her was Nicole. And while a part of Bailey was happy that the rest of the school reacted liked she hoped they would, she knew Kat didn't really deserve it.

      "How is Celeste? Last I heard, she moved to California to be a model or something..." she rambled, changing the subject quickly.

      Bailey laughed as she thought back to her and Celeste's last conversation.

      "She's good, she's already got a modeling job for some soda company out there."

      Kat smiled. They walked in silence for awhile, before coming to the doors that would lead them out to the high school commons area. They stood at the doors, staring out through the windows, each lost in their own thoughts.

      "Any plans for winter break?" Bailey murmured, she Kat had heard her.

      She shook her head, but never took her eyes off the sight before her. "None at all. You?"