Chapter Eight

My eyes are burning soo bad right now. Stupid FreBreeze >.<

Anyways! I'm glad everyone is loving this, and enjoying the book so much. You honestly have no idea how happy it makes me to see everyone's comments on how much they love the book, and the chapters(:

So, here's chapter 8. Enjoy.

Oh, and P.S., I've edited this chapter, so the original content is now its own little book. If you'd like to read it, it is titled I Played The Player-Chapter Eight. I will be entering this into the Watty Awards once we are able to, and all the chapters after this one are getting rated R, so I'm trying to get the rating taken off. Thanks, and any concerns or questions, my message board is open.

-Laci

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Weeks had gone by, and Celeste hadn't brought up the thing with Bailey, so Kat didn't sweat it. What she was worrying about was that as Bailey and Alyson's relationship grew, her own feelings for Bailey grew, and it scared her. She had to finally admit it to herself after one of their tutoring sessions. She was falling in love with Bailey Tylers.

      And hard.

      "What has gotten into you?" Kat looked up at Nicole, snapping out of the thoughts consuming her for the moment. She hadn't been paying attention one bit to what her best friend had been saying, and Nik knew it.

      "I'm sorry, Nik, just a lot going on in my head right now." Kat answered, running her hands over her face. She leaned up against the wall behind her, fatigue over taking her. Marching season was over, and Nik had decided that the two girls would be doing winter guard, and they, of course, had the craziest practices. It involved a lot of running, lifting, and carrying. But mainly running, something Kat had never been fond of.

      "Like what?" Nik sat down next to Kat, concern in her eyes. It was now or never, and she knew admitting it out loud would only just harden the truth, and make her really think about her feelings concerning Bailey.

      "I... I think I'm falling in love with Bailey." Nik stared at Kat, her lips making a small 'O,' as she processed what she had just been told.

      "Oh. Wow. And how- how do you feel about that?"

      "Honestly, I don't know. I mean, it was bound to happen, we spend so much friggin' time together,and I had already had a crush on her.  I just didn't expect it to happen this quick."

      Nik nodded her head at her friend's admission.

      Neither of the girls really knew how to handle being in love. They had never been in relationships long enough for it to get to that point. Kat had never actually been in a relationship, when she thought about it. She had always had more of a friends-with-benefits thing going on with a girl from a different school. It seemed easier that way.

      "W-what are you gonna do about it?" Nik finally asked, worry now taking over the concern in her eyes.

      "There's not much I really can do, you know? Not until this stupid dare with Celeste is over, at least." Kat closed her eyes and sighed, her thoughts throwing her for a whirlwind once again.

      "Yeah. Man, that sucks." Nik answered after a moment.

      "Tell me about it." Kat grunted, falling into the pile of backpacks she had created beneath her.

                                                                                                  •••••••••