7 : Promise

(Sarada's Pov)

I wake up at the sound of my alarm. I slowly get up and look to my side. Down on the floor was a sleeping Boruto. I'm surprised the alarm didn't wake him up...

I sit down next to him and poked his forehead. He then turned to the other side. "Five minutes more......" He muttered. I sigh. "Boruto, you have to wake up, we have school remember?" As I take a closer look to him, a strange colour got my attention. His shirt... The back of his white shirt was slightly red. I tensed up. "Boruto? Why's your shirt red? Boruto!" This time he didn't respond. His breathing was heavy. I started to panic. I shake him a few times, but he wasn't responding at all. "Boruto! Stop joking around! Wake up!" He slightly opened his eyes. "It.....hurts...." He started coughing hard. "Ok, ok, I know it hurts, but you gotta try breath normally okay? I'm going to take the first aid kit and some bandages." He grabbed my arm. "Don't....go..." "I'll come back in no time, I promise! Just focus on breathing normally and hold the part that hurts so you can ease the pain a little..." He nods with pain clear in his eyes.

I rush downstairs in mom's room. I opened the door and, without realising, I woke up mom. "Sarada...? What are you doing-" "Mom, where's the first aid kit?" She got up almost instantly. She could see I was tensed up and panicked. "What happened?" "Boruto started bleeding! He also breathes heavily and I don't know what to do!" She came to me and hugged me, rubbing my back. "Hey, hey, calm down, that's the most important step. Now, I'm calling Tsunade-sama. The first aid kit is in the wardrobe, under my work outfit. Take it and try stabilizing him. I'll check him after that." I nod and take the first aid kit. I went back to my room. There he was, all sweaty and bloody. I felt my legs weak and my head exploding. I did see people suffering and in pain when I was with mom in the hospital. But this time it was different. It was Boruto the one suffering. Out of any other things on this planet.......I was afraid to lose him. "I'm back! Don't worry, I'll help you! Just stay still!" I started bandaging his wound when he started whining. I get closer and grab his face gently. "Boruto, look, you gotta stay still okay? If you don't, I won't be capable of bandaging you and stop the bleeding. You have to help me, okay? Just breath and don't move okay?" I say, my voice visible cracking. I was trembling, with his face in my arms. He looked at me then put his hands over mine. "I'll....t-try.." he says slightly closing his eyes. I go back to bandaging his wound when I heard the front door opening. In a few moments, Tsunade-sama came inside the room with my mom following her. "Sarada, you did great, but now you got to leave the room for a moment." "But-" "Sarada honey, listen to Tsunade-sama!" I nod and exit the room. My heart wad beating horribly fast. I gasp. I didn't realise I was holding my breath. I sit down next to the door closing my eyes. You better not do something stupid, Bolt..... A tear slowly fell down. Please..... don't go.

(Boruto's Pov)

'I open my eyes. A field of dandelions was all around me, a bright blue sky shining above me. "Long time no see......Boruto-kun." I turn my head to the sound, but I see nothing. "Who are you?" "An old friend of yours.......I only have a message for you". I was looking around hoping to see someone. Suddenly, far from me, a tall man silhouette with long dark hair showed. "Take care of her.....now it's not your time....not yet. We'll meet again soon. Maybe then we'll talk." I tried getting closer when I suddenly feel myself grabbed and I hear my name being called'

"Boruto!" I slightly open my eyes to see Aunt Sakura and Granny Tsunade standing by my side. They looked relieved. "Thank god. I almost thought you were not going to wake up soon!" Aunt Sakura says as she gently moved the hair away from my face. I could feel myself sweaty. I look around to see a wet towel. My eyes widened. The towel had blood on it. I instantly get up only to let out a cry of pain. "What are you doing, Bolt?! Lay down, relax, your wound opened and we just stopped the bleeding and closed it. God, you really gave Sarada a scare she'll remember her whole life." "Where- where is she?" "She's at the door. She was already panicking so I suggested it would be better if she left the room to calm down." said Granny Tsunade. "I wanna see her-" I didn't get to finish as I start coughing. "You'll see her. Now, help us get you on the bed.... it's more comfortable."

As I laid down in bed I hear the door opening. I see Sarada and then I freeze. Her face was full in fear. I could see she even teared up. "Sara-" She came to me instantly, hugging me tight. "Baka Boruto! Don't you dare scare me like that ever again!" I hug her back when i started coughing. "Sarada....I can't....breath." "Ah, sorry!" She lets me go. She looked so worried and afraid. It reminded me of the one day Sarada wasn't herself anymore. The day when her uncle, Uchiha Itachi, was killed. We were four back then. That day was traumatizing for her. The exact same face that showed fear.....it was like that one. "What's with that face? Cheer up a little. I'm not dead, ya'know!" I try to cheer her up, but it doesn't work at all. She sat down beside me. "You're not allowed to do it.......do you understand?" Her eyes were showing a great pain. I hug her, playing with her hair. "I know that. Don't worry...... everything will be fine." "You promise?" I look into her deep onyx eyes. I smile.

"I promise"

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Word count:1051

Hello guys!
What's up? I'm surprised I had time to update. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and see ya next time!
Sayonara!