F I F T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

"Mhm, what makes you say that?" He asked, scowling at me as I began to giggle.

"She keeps staring at you, she has been since we got here." I told him amused. The light pink shade of his cheeks growing darker by the minute. "You should ask her out."

"What!?" His once deep voice now higher in pitch, causing him to clear his throat. "Why would I do that?" He mumbled wide eyed.

"She clearly likes what she sees, ask her to dinner." I reasoned with a shrug. "Unless you're to chicken." I teased.

"Me... chicken? Pft no." He scratched the back of his neck, his eyes straying towards the young receptionist whom blushed profusely, quickly tearing her gaze away as Grey's blue eyes met her hazel ones. "Has she really been staring at me?" He whispered.

"She has." I confirmed with a laugh. "Go on." I encouraged him, shooing him with my hands, "ask her out."

"I ugh... okay." He exhaled, brushing his sweaty hands on the tops of his knees. "What will I say?" He asked me.

"You're asking me?" I laughed. "Grey, I'm twelve. I've got zero experience in dating."

"Oh shit... Good, you won't have any experience anytime soon." He narrowed his eyes before a look of nervousness overtook his sharp features. "I have zero experience either." He admitted sheepishly.

"Well... how would you normally talk to girls?" I asked.

"You see, I wouldn't normally need to make small talk. If I'm at the club and I've had a few drinks then it's easy and they just... never mind." He coughed, clearing his throat awkwardly. Strange boy.

"Well, okay... just go and speak to her, Grey. Don't be a wuss."

"Okay, okay. I've got this." He whispered, more to himself than me as he stood up from his seat.

"That's the spirit bro, go and make me proud." I grinned. Grey stared at me amused, slowly making his way towards the blonde.

I watched as my brother causally approached the desk, ringing his large hands together to stop the slight nervous trembles, poor guy. I never imagined any of my eldest brothers to be the nervous type, they always come across so confident.

   The girl at the reception desk's cheeks are now a dark shade of red as she listened intently to Grey's awkward speech, her eyes lighting up with joy as she picked up a pen, scribbling something on a pink post-it note before handing it to my older brother. Grey stared at her with a bewildered expression, before a large grin broke out on his face. They chatted for a few minutes before he sent her a small wave, turning back to face me with a large toothy grin on his face.

"So?" I asked, as he sat back down on the chair beside me.

"It's a date!" Greys face was one of pure happiness, if I had my camera, I would capture this moment. "Her names Dakota, she gave me her number, I've to call her tonight with the details." He grinned, staring intently at the pink paper in his hands.

"See, that wasn't so hard was it?" I teased, "I'm very proud of you, Greyson." I exclaimed, patting his head, which earned me a soft glare.