Chapter 4

Xuin's pov

Today is Ashla's first day of training, and to say the least... I'm mildly worried, but I know Master Yoda's a good teacher and I trust him. 

"Morning," I turned around and saw Ahsoka walking over "morning," I replied "how you feeling about her first day?" Ahsoka asked "scared but I also know I can trust Master Yoda and that he's a good teacher," I stated "she's going to be fine, as long as she knows you're around her she won't get as frightened," she said putting a hand on my shoulder as I looked down at the baby Twi'lek in my arms and put my hood up "but what about the attachment rule?" I asked "Dadda," we looked at Ashla in shock "first word?" I asked smiling "I think so," Ahsoka chuckled. "Padawans, how are you?" Master Secura asked as she walked over "is that a baby?" "yes... we found her when on Mandalor and decided to bring her back here," I explained "she's adorable," she commented patting Ashla's head "oh we know, and she just called Xuin 'Dadda'," Ahsoka giggled. "Does this mean I'm a dad now?" I groaned "yes," both of them replied. 

"Padawans, good to see you it is. Young Ashla I see you have," Master Yoda said as we walked in and put her down "Master, I hope you know if anything happens to her I'm holding you personally responsible," I stated earning a chuckle from him "attached you have grown," he commented "Dadda!" Ashla exclaimed reaching her arms up to me "I know it's forbidden but I can't help it, and I know she can't," I said and went to leave "Dadda!" Ashla yelled and I knew she was beginning to cry "it's okay, I'm still at the temple," I assured while sending waves of comfort through the force, which easily calmed her down. Although this didn't go unnoticed by either Ahsoka or Master Yoda "you big softy," Ahsoka said lightly punching me in the arm "shut it Snips," I groaned and walked off. 

Ahsoka's pov

"Please keep Ashla safe Master, every time she cries for no reason I don't hear the end of it," I said "worry not Padawan Tano, safe she will be," Master Yoda assured and I went after Xuin. 

I found him in another training room to see him practicing with his lightsaber. "You wanna duel?" I asked "huh? Sure thing," he replied and I could sense his discomfort "what's wrong?" I asked walking over "you already know what's wrong, I'm worried," Xuin explained as we both sensed Master Krell walking here. Xuin hid his emotions as his master walked in, "PADA- Padawans, how are you?" he asked clearly doing his best not to lash out "good Master," Xuin replied bowing "you both have a mission, security for Senator Amidala. You leave in ten minutes," he stated and left. "Ten minutes?! We don't have time to pack a bag," I groaned "don't worry, I'll help you. I only need to get one bag," Xuin assured "thanks," I replied and we went to pack. 

Once we were done Xuin grabbed his bag and we began walking to the hangar. "Why was your bag already packed?" I asked "let's just go with I'm always prepared," Xuin replied.