Chapter 1: Ominous Tides

Start from the beginning

"..." Rin didn't say anything, making sure to look Y/N up and down before clapping her hands with a smile, "Miss Employee!"

Immediately, one of the female employees at the clothing store zips over and bows her head, her gaze locked onto the credit card between Rin's fingers. 

Y/N's stare lingered on her for a moment, feeling that something was off about the employee. Although her short brown hair and physique were common, the money-loving gleam in her heterochromatic hues was vastly different from the relaxed and content expressions usually seen in the residents of the city.

"We'll be taking this!" Rin said, handing over the credit card in her hand.

"Understood, madam!" The employee zipped away just as quickly as she had arrived, shaking Y/N out of his stupor.

"Aren't you concerned about the price of these... clothes?" Y/N looked down at his new clothes, moving his arms and legs around to get a better look at himself.

"Nah, my sister is the one paying for everything today. And, she won't mind one bit!"

Y/N sighed and massaged his temples, "Why do I feel like this is going to come back to bite us in the ass?"

"Pssh! You worry too much, Y/N, you old fart. Learn to relax and focus on the now."

"I'm only, like, five years older than you..." Y/N muttered to himself, giving Rin a blank stare while she stood up with her right hand holding her fox and the other her half-empty cold drink.

The strange-looking employee came back and returned the credit card to Rin who thanked her and dragged Y/N along with her - all the while she sipped her drink. On the way out, he caught a glimpse of the nametag on the employee's chest but couldn't make out more than the first letter: P.

"Don't sweat the small details! Here, hold onto Higokumaru for me. I need the bathroom." Without waiting for his response, Rin pushed her responsibility onto the male and made her way to the restroom on this floor, tossing her now empty drink into a trash can.

Y/N blinked twice and shoved whatever he was thinking about to the back of his mind. He held up Rin's pet fox and stared deep into their beady eyes as they seemed to smile back at him, "... This thing is too smug for such a tiny little creature..."

=======================================

https://twitter.com/_ceniwen/status/1434132792481247235?s=20&t=EiShmLZttVecvgbe8_LfUw

=======================================