xxi. 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗁𝖾𝗇𝗌𝗂𝗏𝖾

Start from the beginning

“Uh, no, sorry. . .”

“Don't lie, tell him the truth. Don't go protecting that bastard.” Noah looks at the youngest before looking at Melissa.

“It was her ex-boyfriend Mark. He had been physically abusing her for months knowing that she is expecting, and he has been stalking me for years now. I would show you the evidence, but unfortunately, I don't have his phone,” Layla blurts out everything she knows that could get Mark in prison.

“Unfortunately, I cannot do much about the alleged stalking since I do not have evidence, but I promise you we will find me and he will stay behind bars,” Noah says looking at the girl. “I hope you do catch him, sheriff.”

Stilinski left after a few more questions, and Thea immediately turned to her sister. “Why would you just tell him that?”

“I told him because I want Mark behind bars. What he did is unforgivable, and don't you dare think of ever forgiving that bastard.”

“I would never, again, forgive him.”

▷▷▷

Layla lets out a breath as she leans her head back, her eyes closed. She had come outside for some fresh air. She knew she would only be able to leave the hospital after a week. The last time she had been in a hospital for more than a week was when Thea had gotten into the car accident when she was 14. She didn't remember how exactly it happened, but all she can remember was that Thea had been kept a year behind because of that accident.

She thought after that she wouldn't see a hospital again. But then, in middle school, Layla had been rushed to the hospital after she had tried taking her life.

The girl couldn't help but laugh at the irony of this. The two sisters who didn't want to live in this world. The two sisters who attempted to take their lives. She didn't think Thea would ever do this, and honestly, she didn't think she would either.

“Layla.”

The redhead opens her eyes, and she's met with a smiling Scott. The girl smiles back at him, happy to see his face. “Hey.”

He sits down beside her. “How is Thea?”

“She's doing okay. She is almost back to her usual self,” Layla tells him. He smiles, nodding, “That's good.”

Layla stretches her arms out. “I brought you some food. You probably were unable to go to any shop, so I brought you some food,” he says. Layla smiles, taking the bag from him. She opens it to see the burger and fries.

She immediately digs into the fries.
“Thank you so much for this.”

He just smiles at her. He looks over to the parking lot before deciding to just ask. “I heard Sheriff Stilinski was here.”

Layla stops eating and she nods. “Yeah, he wanted a statement from Thea about what happened. I hope they find that piece of shit and put him behind bars,” Layla grumbles.

“Do you know who did it to her?”

“It was her ex-boyfriend, Mark. That sick bastard had been doing it to her for months now. I swear when I find him, I'll castrate his ass,” Layla says. She's pretty sure she wouldn't go anywhere near him now that she knows what kind of person he really is. She'll make sure to put a good 3 miles between the two of them.

Layla didn't tell Scott about him being a stalker who's been obsessed with her for years. She didn't want to believe it because it doesn't seem real.