iii. 𝗆𝖾𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖼 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘, Layla was finally able to get to her locker. She had wanted to search for it during lunch, but she was too lazy to do that. She only found a Math and Chemistry textbook in her locker. She will most likely get the others on Friday. She is happy that she has the textbooks of her favorite subjects.

Layla closes her locked when she sees Thea walking down the hallway towards her. She was supposed to have one more class. Is she done already?
A redhead was walking beside her, and they seemed to be enjoying each other's company.

"Layla, hey."

"Didn't you have one more class?" Layla questions. "Yeah, but luckily the teacher let us go early."
Thea looks over at the redhead beside her. "Layla, this is Lydia. Our cousin."

"Oh, hi."

Lydia gives her a tight-lipped smile while subtly looking the girl from head to toe. "Hi."

Layla looks over at her sister with a raised brow. It looks like she is a bit judgmental.
"Cute outfit," Lydia says with a now genuine smile. "You're also a sophomore, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. We don't have the same homeroom teacher, but we do have a couple of classes together," Lydia informs Layla. The latter didn't even know of this information.

"Anyway, Lydia invited us to go watch the lacrosse tryouts," Thea informs her. Layla raises her brow at her sister. She thought they'd be able to go home right after school. She preferred not to hang around here longer than necessary.

"But didn't you say you wanted to get home early?"

"Not anymore. Let's go."

Lydia smiles at the two before she says, "Yeah, let's go."

Thea grabs Layla's hand, and she drags her to the lacrosse field. Layla was trying hard to avoid the students in her homeroom. They seem fun to be around, but they were too loud and too nosy for her liking.

Layla grabs on to Thea's arm, pulling her to stop. Lydia was walking ahead of them to the lacrosse field. "What's up?"

"Why don't we just go home? I don't want to stay here any longer."

Thea rolls her eyes. "Don't be like that, Layla. This is your chance to actually make some friends," Thea tells her. Layla didn't want to make any friends. She'd rather be a loner for her remaining high school years here.

The girl decides to just follow them, maybe the time will fly by quickly, and they'll be able to go home.
Layla follows Thea onto the bleachers, where Layla and another girl was already seated.

"Hi."

"Thea, Layla, this is Allison Argent. She's also new here," Lydia introduces. The brunette looks at the sisters and she smiles. "Nice to meet you."

"You too."

Layla smiles at the girl before focusing her gaze on the group of cheerleaders walking on to the field. From what she heard in class, they aren't officially the school's cheerleaders. They are basically doing this out of their own free will.

"I didn't know this school had a cheerleading squad."

Lydia sighs, rolling her eyes, "We don't. Paisley and her friends decided to form their cheerleading squad to support the lacrosse team."

Thea looks at Lydia with a raised brow. "You don't seem pleased about it."

"Me? Of course, I'm not. They are only doing this to get attention," Lydia says.