I Guess Thats a Yes

Lizzie's POV

I was jogging around the running track at school, when Joel walked up to me. I stopped running and tightened my high ponytail.

"Hey!" I waved. He shoved his hands in his pockets. "What do you need?"

"Can I talk to you?" He asked tentatively. I frowned, what could he possibly want? He saw my face and quickly amended what he was saying. "Can I ask you something?" He clarified. I shrugged.

"Sure." We walked in silence. We stood in the shadows of the stadium. I fidgeted awkwardly, when was he going to speak?

"Um, the Valentines dance is coming up." Joel said, quietly. I nodded.

"Yeah, and?" He bit his lip.

"Will you go to the dance with me?" He blurted. My eyes widened, did he seriously just ask me out?! I couldn't form the words to say yes, so I leaned towards him and pressed my lips against his. He stiffened, then he reached up and wrapped his arms around my waist. I threaded my hands through his hair. He smelled faintly like mint, I suddenly remembered our surroundings and when I jerked back, I looked anywhere but at Joel. I felt a hand touch my flushed cheek. I turned to look at him.

"I guess thats a yes." He smirked. He strode away leaving me standing there in shock.

The Next Day

I grabbed my lunch tray and sat down next to Callum.

"Hey, watcha doing?" I asked peering at his screen.

"Nothing." He said quickly, turning off his phone. But not before I glimpsed a picture of Oli.

"Crushing on Oli, are we?" I smirked. Callum blushed furiously.

"Y-your phone is buzzing." He said indignantly. I sighed as I picked up my phone. It was Joel, my cheeks reddened as I remembered what had happened behind the stadium yesterday. I made my way outside of the cafeteria and pressed the call button.

"What do you want?" I asked into the phone.

"You." Joel replied bluntly. I mock glared at the phone.

"I'm serious." I fumed. He laughed, which infuriated me even more.

"Me too. The dance is tomorrow, I just wanted to make sure that you knew. And judging by how you said yes, I think you might want to-" He joked.

"Shut up." I stammered. My face was pink and it felt 50 degrees hotter in the hallway. I could practically hear him smirking through the phone.

"I'll see you tomorrow night." He said.

"Uh huh, bye." I mummered. I hung up and took a deep breath. It was gonna be a long night.