Chapter Eight

Lunch did not go well. Travis and I told Peyton and Valentino that we were dating and they ran away. Tate did look really sad so maybe Travis was right. When school ended, Travis and I decided to go to my house for a little bit to plan what we will be doing next. While we were walking to my house, I noticed Peyton watching us and I smiled.

"So lunch went well," Travis said with a grin once we arrived in my room. I smiled softly while sitting on my bed. It feels weird being in here without Peyton.

"Tate seemed sad but Peyton went to comfort him," I told the boy and he frowned.

"Yeah, that was a backfire. I wanted to be the one to comfort him!" He complained while falling on the floor dramatically.

"Then maybe next time don't tell him that we're dating" I explained to the brunette who rolled his eyes.

"That was the plan Austin, you can't mess with perfection" He stated while flipping his invisible long hair. I rolled my eyes while laying on the Dolphin pillow that Peyton got me when I bought him his Turtle one. They were Valentine's gifts from both of us.

"Not to offend you or Valentino but why exactly do you like him? I can barely tolerate him so how can you like him?" I asked the dramatic man on my floor. His eyes lit up and he sat up, looking into my eyes.

"What's there not to like about Tate? He's cute, sweet, and amazing. He cares about people and he always manages to make me smile. When he looks at me I feel special, I feel seen. People only see the goofy side of him but there's so much more that nobody ever gives a chance. I want to be the one to give him that chance. " He explained how he felt about Tate and I couldn't do anything but look at him in awe. Only one person came to mind that makes me feel that way, Peyton.

"Wow, why haven't you asked him out?" I asked while hugging the pillow. He sighed.

"He could never like me. I'm just some weirdo who doesn't talk to a lot of people. I'm invisible while Tate is a fabulous ray of sunshine, plus he's with Peyton now" He explained before his phone rang with a text. He looked down and smiled before getting up.

"I got to go, Tate texted that he wants to meet. Good luck with Peyton and I'll see you tomorrow, Boyfriend" He told me before running out of my door. I rolled my eyes while going to change. I don't like wearing the same clothes after school so I usually change. I walked back to my room and looked at the dolphin pillow. I miss Peyton.

"Sweetie, we're going to the Knox's for dinner so come downstairs please" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen and I smiled, I get to see Peyton! Goodness, I need to stop, he's taken. I left my room and joined my family downstairs and he quickly made way across the street to be greeted by Mr. Knox and Novia. I crouched down to pet the puppy while mom brought the casserole with the help of Mr.Knox to the kitchen. Nash went to the table and started drawing and Ness went to help with dinner.

"Hey Austin, can you go wake up Peyton. Dinner will be ready in ten minutes and well you know how difficult he is" Mr.Knox asked me and I smiled. Peyton always takes a long time to wake up. I left the kitchen and went upstairs to wake up the sleeping angel. I walked into his room and saw Peyton on his bed snuggling with the turtle pillow causing me to smile.

"Peyton! Wake up, it's time for dinner" I softly whispered while gently shaking him awake. His light brown eyes fluttered open and I couldn't help but smile.

"Austin? what are you doing here?" He asked while sitting up. He looked so cute, I swear my heart swooned while watching him.

"My mother brought over some dinner and your dad insisted that we stay for dinner. He asked me to wake you up" I explained while sitting on his bed and looking at his cute, tired expression.

"Oh... so you and Travis huh?" He said while trying to start a conversation. I kept staring at him like the idiot I am.

"You know you're cute when you wake up," I said before even thinking and his eyes widened. Fuck, I need to fix this.

"How're things between you and Tate?" I nervously asked and then scolded myself. I don't care about Tate.

"Things are good. Tate is a really good boyfriend. I am surprised that you and Travis are dating though since you just got dumped by Marcus" He said and I frowned. Way to make me feel bad again.

"Marcus didn't want me and nobody else wants me. Why do you care, you're with Tate" I stated angrily. Why does he care about Travis and me anyways? He doesn't like me, he has Tate. I angrily grabbed my phone and messaged Travis. I need to calm down.

AustinTexas: How're things with Tate?

TravislyCute: :) They're going well! We're talking about superheroes. How are things with Peyton?

AustinTexas: Why did Tate want to meet with you?

TravislyCute: We discussed that but what about you and Peyton? You messaged me for a reason

AustinTexas: He keeps talking about us and Marcus and it's frustrating because he's so cute!

"Who's cute, Peyton?" My sister asked me while appearing out of nowhere and reading my text messages. I turned my phone off and sighed.

"Where did you even come from?" I asked the annoying brunette who was smirking.

"I've been standing here the whole time, you're the one who was distracted by your phone. Now were you talking about Peyton?" She asked impatiently. I rolled my eyes and looked at the cute brunette talking to my little brother.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about sis but dinner's ready. We should eat" I told her before walking away and going to the table. Tonight has been weird.

I believe Austin finally understands his feelings for Peyton. He clearly likes him and wishes to be with him. Also, Tate and Travis are cute and way more intelligent than these two, they are already talking about their feelings for each other, unlike Peyton and Austin. Will Peystin ever be together? What will happen next?

~Jess