Chapter Seven

After the disaster that was lunch, Tate and I headed to class and I tried my best to ignore Austin and his new boyfriend. I was still confused by how they even got together in the first place. Travis has never spoken to Austin before, maybe because he liked him and was too shy? I pushed away from the thought and left the school. I can finally go home and ignored life problems. I walked the short twenty minutes walk towards my home and once I hit my front porch I noticed Austin walking into his house with Travis. I guess I'm not welcome there tonight. I entered the house that was unlocked and noticed my father in the living room on the phone. I shrugged once I heard him exclaim something about the plan and left the entrance, going to my room. I sat on my bed and sighed, today was long. I took off my bag, my shoes and lay on my bed. I looked out the window and saw Austin's room and saw him sitting on his bed with Travis. I frowned, I hope for Austin's sake that this relationship makes it through. He deserves a nice guy at the very least. I pouted while closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

"Peyton! Wake up, it's time for dinner" I heard someone whisper while shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Austin smiling down at me. I tilted my head to the side while looking at him.

"Austin? What are you doing here?" I asked the handsome man standing over my bed. I sat up and looked at him.

"My mother brought over some dinner and your dad insisted that we stay for dinner and asked me to wake you up" He explained while sitting on the bed.

"Oh... so you and Travis huh?" I stated awkwardly. Things are now awkward with my own best friend, this is terrible.

"You know you're cute when you just woke up" He mumbled while staring at me intensely.

"What?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Umm, I said how're things between you and Tate?" He asked while blushing and scratching his neck nervously. I smiled at him while standing up.

"Things are good. Tate is a really good boyfriend, I am surprised that you and Travis are dating though since you just got dumped by Marcus" I told him while going to the bathroom next to my room.

"Well Marcus didn't want me and nobody else does so why not Travis. Why do you care anyway? You're with Tate" He stated defensively and I was taken aback. Where was this anger coming from? I left the bathroom and walked back into my room to see Austin on his phone smiling.

"For what it's worth if you like Travis then I'm happy for you," I told him before leaving the room. I walked downstairs and towards my kitchen with the texting Austin following behind me. I saw Nash sitting at the table and walked over to him with a wide smile.

"Hey, Nashie whatcha drawing?" I asked the cute seven-year-old boy that looks so much like Austin at that age. The boy smiled at me while showing the drawing of Austin in a field of flowers. I gasped at the drawing for two reasons, it was amazingly beautiful but it was the exact scene back in middle school when Austin looked so majestic and I knew I loved him. How does Nash know about this?! He was simply a baby back then and nobody besides Austin and I know what happened that day.

"Are you and Austin going to be okay?" He asked while giving me the drawing. I looked at him and nodded.

"We'll be fine, we are simply not seeing things the same way these days" I explained while ruffling his hair and sitting down next to him. Dad sat at the end of the table while Miss Dallas sat at the other end. Tennessee and Austin sat at the other side of the table. I looked at Austin who noticed my gaze and chose to look away and talk to his sister. I sighed. Did I do something to make him so mad?

"Wasn't it nice of Amanda to bring us a home cook meal?" My father said while smiling at Miss Dallas. I smiled at them while remembering the time Austin and I tried to set them up when we were twelve because we wanted to be brothers. I'm glad they stayed friends despite that.

"Yeah, thank you, mom. That was very kind of you" Tennessee said while smiling at her mother. I thanked her before digging into the amazing broccoli and brown rice casserole that she made for us. We continued the meal in minimal conversation with the person next to us until we were all done eating. I ended up talking to Nash about his favorite art pieces. It was a nice conversation, I just wish I could talk to Austin.

Dinner was finally done and I went back to my room after saying goodnight to miss Dallas, Nash, and Tennessee. I sat on my bed and Austin closed the door.

"Shouldn't you be going home and talking to your boyfriend like you have been doing all night so far?" I asked the man who walked over to me.

"I want to be with you. I mean hang out like normal ya know" He said nervously while sitting on the bed next to me.

"I want things to be normal too but you ignored me all night Austin" I stated while grabbing my pillow. He frowned and lay next to me.

"How do you feel about me, Peyton?" He asked suddenly and my eyes widened.

"You're my best friend, you'll always be my best friend, right? Why would I feel anything different? I'm dating Tate and you're with Travis, simple" I explained to him while staring at the turtle pillow that Austin gave me when we were thirteen. He looked at me with a sad expression.

"Right, best friends, nothing more. I'm gonna go home now, bye" He stated before basically running out of my door. Did I say something wrong?

Peyton you idiot! Austin was asking you if you'd ever be with him if you truly love him and you blew it! Talking about friendship smh. Also once again Nash does his amazing drawings that happen at the right time. He's such an angel. What will happen next? Will Austin and Peyton ever end up together? Next chapter is in Austin's POV.

~Jess