Chapter Three

~Austin's POV~

They're dating?! How did this even happen? Peyton doesn't even like Tate, nobody likes Tate. Why are they dating? I angrily left Peyton's house and marched over to mine across the street. I groaned while going up to my room and slamming the door. I can't believe this, Peyton has never been interested in anyone, so why Valentino of all people? I angrily landed on my bed and shoved the pillow into my face. 

"Austin, are you okay? You slammed the door and you know how mom hates when the door is slammed" My sister Tennessee asked once she walked into my room and saw me on the bed. I took the pillow off my face and looked at the tall brunette that has now sat on my bed. 

"Peyton and Tate are dating," I told her and her eyes widened. My little brother Nash walked into the room with his sketchbook. 

"What?! Peyton and Tate Valentino? How did that happen?" She exclaimed while jumping on my bed. Nash looked at her before sitting on the ground and drawing. 

"I have no idea. One minute my best friend is interested in nobody and the next he's dating a guy he can barely even tolerate" I explained to the bubbly brunette who seems way too whined up. 

"This makes no sense, Tate Valentino is not Peyton's type, he's nobody's type. He isn't even an option. How could this be happening?" She yelled while pacing my floor. Why is she so worked up about this? 

"Ness, chill. I know it makes no sense but they're dating. I even saw them kiss. Peyton was doing his cute victory dance and Tate kissed him. They told me that they've been dating for about a week" I explained to her while looking down at my brother who smiled at me. 

"I don't understand, Peyton is supposed to be with you" She exclaimed and my eyes widened. 

"What?! What are you talking about? Me and Peyton? We're only friends" I rambled on while walking around the room. 

"Seriously, Austin, it's me you're talking to. You can be honest" She stated while placing her hand on my shoulder. What is she talking about? 

"I don't know what you are talking about Ness, Peyton and I are best friends, always have and always will be" I explained and she rolled her eyes. 

"Come on you can tell me" She persisted and seriously I have no idea what she was talking about. 

"Tell you what?!" I am genuinely confused right now.

"That you're in love with Peyton" Nash stated while standing up. He walked over to us and showed us his drawing. It was a picture of Peyton that was amazingly drawn with hearts around him. I stared at my siblings in shock and at the drawing that somehow was drawn by a seven-year-old. 

"I'm not in love with Peyton" I stated confidently but Tennessee and Nash looked at me skeptically. 

"How are you this blind Austin? You've been in love with Peyton for years. Every time you smile when he gets excited, every time you sniff his hair when you're playing with it. You being in love with him is the reason why all your relationships fail, it's also the reason why Peyton has never taken an interest in anyone before" She explained and my eyes seemed to widen. Could she be right? I do smile every time he gets excited because he does this little dance which is absolutely adorable. I also sniff his hair when I'm petting the fluff of brown hair because his shampoo smells amazing, it's mango scented. That doesn't mean I'm in love with him right? 

"I...There's a plot hole in your theory Ness, why is Peyton dating Tate if according to your theory 'He's been single this long because I'm in love with him?'" I asked her while smirking. If Peyton is dating someone else then I can't possibly be in love with him like her theory shows. My sister rolled her eyes while crossing her arms. 

"Tate does pose a problem in the plan but just because Peyton is taken, that doesn't mean you can't be in love with him" She explained, and now I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not in love with Peyton! So what if I smile when he's excited and so what if I sniff his hair or even like to play with it. So what if the way we act isn't completely platonic? That doesn't mean I'm in love with him. Sure he is cute and attractive and perfect but that doesn't mean I have feelings for him. We're friends, that's it" I tried convincing my sister who looked at me like I was stupid. 

"Whatever you say Austin but everyone who has eyes knows that you love Peyton and Peyton loves you" She stated before walking out of my room with a satisfied look. I looked at Nash who smiled while cleaning up his pencils. 

"It's okay big brother, you'll figure it out. You and Peyton are cute tho" He told me before leaving my room. I sat on my bed and sighed. Could they be right? Could I be in love with Peyton? Hold up, did she just say Peyton is in love with me?! 

The best characters to have ever been added are Nash in first place and then Tennessee. I love Nash, he's the best and can draw anything even things that haven't happened yet. Also, will Austin come to terms with his sister's words? Will he finally realize that he's in love with Peyton? What will happen next? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

~Jess