Chapter 18 - That Little Green Monster

Start from the beginning

"Indeed. I hope we can talk some more."

She passed me and walked on. I turned and watched her go. She seemed nice, like the first time I met her, but no one could surpass Judy. It was an off-set day for her, unfortunately. I should have brought Nay.

"No, she would blab to the whole set and crew about..."

I sealed my lips shut. The truth would remain unsaid.

Some women passed me, and after stopping one of them and asking where I needed to change, they directed me, and I soon came onto the Old West set in a normal pale blue dress much like Jennifer's but flowed out at the waist. I needed to have my hair done up in its short ponytail, and makeup was put on me, but not overdone like the last scene I was in. For the film, this set was on Old West amusement park, and I was just one of the background amusement park goers.

"Sarah, there you are," I heard behind me and turned to see Rich come up to me, wearing tan slacks and a white collar shirt. "Good morning."

"Good morning. Where do you want me?"

He pointed to the set, towards a little building made out of wood that was near a cart that had a camera on a tripod sitting in front of it. "I want you standing near that building where those other extras are, near the cart and camera. This scene will take only a few minutes to film, then we will move to that part of the set over there where that counter is. That's where they do the gun shooting. You'll just be in the background on that one."

"Understood."

"After that, we will move to the other side of the building where we have another set. It's where Vince and Sherry will watch a car race, but of course, we'll add the car race later on a back screen. You'll just be in the crowd sitting with them."

He told me about hopping sets, but not specifically what I would be doing and where I would be. I nodded. "Okay."

"We'll go from there. Now, head to your spot. We'll start just as soon as Elvis and Jen are on the set."

Jennifer never said to call her "Jen." Maybe Rich just did that. "Okay."

He left, and I went on and stepped onto the Old West set, passed the cart that had a sitting space on it. People probably got their pictures taken there.

I stopped when I came to the couple people there, a middle-aged blonde couple who apparently were supposed to be my parents, according to the woman. Odd, two blondes creating a girl with dark hair.

As I got acquainted with the man and woman, Thomas and Helga respectively, some girls squealed off the set. I saw Elvis walk in with Jennifer, and I had a hard time thinking that he didn't look good in his black slacks, gray suit coat with a black collar shirt underneath that was unbuttoned enough to show some of his chest. His hair in his usual style, along with the crooked smile, completed the look well.

"Gosh, that's irritating..." I muttered under my breath, referring to how great Elvis looked. My heart started beating faster when Rich spoke to him and Jennifer for a few seconds, and the pair started for the set. Elvis saw me, and instantly, that crooked smile turned into a grin. He held up a hand as he came near the cart.

"Hey, Sarah."

I pressed my lips together, not wanting to say anything to him as that cheek kiss came back to my memory, and it was probably in his head, too. The heat in my face intensified as I recalled the feeling of his soft lips on my cheek. I turned around as the couple I was with stared at me confused. To them, it was odd that I didn't greet Elvis.

"Don't think too much about it," I heard Jennifer tell him. "She'll come around eventually."

"I think maybe she already has."