Chapter 3 - To the Rescue... Maybe?

Nay stared at me as I got my cart put together. We had just gotten out of our morning meeting and were in the supply room prepping our carts. Again, I was assigned to the fifth floor while Nay was assigned to the first floor.

"You're going to bore a hole in my head with your staring," I remarked as I placed some clean white towels on my cart in the bottom portion where the towels went.

"I just can't put my finger on it, but there's something about you this morning that's different."

My heart jumped and I met her blue eyes, the same color as the eyes of the star that I met about fifteen minutes ago. She had known me for so long and always knew when something was going on. "What would be different about me?"

I honestly didn't know why I was keeping this from her. Maybe it was because there were other maids in the room. Nay said, "Something just is. You stayed outside longer than everyone else when we were coming in. Are you feeling okay?"

I smirked at her concern. "Yes, I'm fine. I just want to get started on my day."

We both left the room with our carts and headed to the elevator. Of course, Nay didn't need to go on it, but I did. She would just go on to the rest of the first floor. We stopped at the elevator, and she still eyed me. "Okay, please, tell me what's going on, huh? You seem off. What is it?"

I huffed through my nose and leaned on the long handle to the cart. "I really can't hide anything from you, can I?"

She grinned beautifully. I had always been jealous of her smile, but I never let myself get mad at her for it. I loved her too much. "You bet. Now, spill."

More maids and some of the men who were butlers walked by us or got into the elevator. I moved my cart more down the hallway and away from them. Nay followed. I came up to her and said in a hushed tone, "Okay, I'll say something, but you have to promise you'll keep this a secret, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

"And don't scream, whatever you do."

"Scream? Why would I scream?"

"Why else would any of the girls here, besides me, scream?"

He stared at me for a moment, her blonde brows pushed together to create a little crease between them, then her brows rose, her eyes widened, and her mouth opened. She gasped and covered her mouth and screamed through her hands, "Oh my, you met him!"

"Shh!" I hushed hastily and looked around us, but no one seemed to notice. I leaned in close and grabbed her shoulders. I whispered, "Please, be quiet about this! Yes, I met him, just outside the back employee door. He was on the other side of the bushes, and I heard him say to some other man that he wanted to say hi to the workers, so he did."

Nay's face turned completely red, and she jumped up and down, giggling. She did this when she couldn't contain her excitement. "Oh my Lord, I can't believe this!"

"I know, neither can I. Now please, don't tell anyone."

She dropped her hands. "How can you expect me not to say anything?! You met..." She stopped herself and said quietly but excitedly, "Elvis Presley! Now tell me, is he as handsome as his records show? As his films show? Well? Tell me!"

I thought back to when I turned around and saw him standing there. "It's really annoying, Nay, but... I admit, he's even more handsome than in the films or on his records. Golly, it's irritating how handsome that guy is." She squealed and jumped up and down again. I still had my hands on her shoulders, so I applied pressure. "Stop, will you? Calm down. This isn't a big deal."

She stared at me wildly. "Not a big deal? How can you say that meeting the most handsome, talented, famous and kindest young man in America is not a big deal?"