Chapter 14 - Hold On... Who's My New Neighbor?!

"Yes, I'm being serious, Rich."

The black phone cord was completely wrapped around the fingers on my left hand as I sat on my living room sofa the following evening, and my parents were sitting on the sofa with me to make sure I agreed to this. Nay was sitting in an armchair near the TV as well, making sure of the same thing. They all thought it a miracle that I was offered a full-time job as an actress.

"I can't say how happy I am that you want to move on to Hollywood and work for me."

"Well..." I glanced at my parents, who were both grinning. Yes, I wasn't that great of a person, but I loved them. I had to do this so they would be happy. I would leave out that they and Nay made me do this. "Yes, I'm looking forward to it. I just have to talk with Mrs. Brunster so she can properly let me off at the hotel."

"Yes, yes, do whatever you need to do, and I will see you tomorrow so we can have you sign a contract, then on Monday, you start the job. But until then, you can move into a new place if you so desire."

My heart jumped, and I looked at my parents. I didn't know why I did, since they couldn't hear Rich speaking. Confusion etched my features. "Wait a minute, what do you mean I can move into a new place?"

Mom and Nay placed a hand over their mouths as their eyes widened. Rich said, "I mean that once you sign the contract, you will be given a check. With that check, you can get your own place, like an apartment or a house so you can get out of your parents' place."

"What if I want to stay at my parents' house?"

"Then you can do that if you want to. It's your money. Now, anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, and we can discuss things a little more like the contract and the next scene we're doing."

I had no idea that I would be given enough money to rent my own living space once I agreed to this job. Maybe that was just what stars did when they started a contract. "Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Okay, goodnight, Sarah."

"Goodnight, Rich."

I hung up and let out a long breath. Nay squealed. "You can move into your own place?! That's so neat!"

"Yeah, he said that I'll be given a check that apparently is enough for me to get my own living space."

"You have to get one, Sarah!"

"I'm just fine right here."

"I think it's about time that you move out, sweet pea," said Dad, who I got my smile from. Other than that, he was the opposite of Mom and me with blonde hair and blue eyes like Nay. We joked sometimes that she was my half-sister. Dad didn't appreciate that comment. "You're twenty years old already. You're a grown woman who now is a Hollywood actress. You shouldn't be living with your parents anymore."

"But I like living here," I protested. "What if I want to save up the money I earn?"

"Then save some and get a place with the rest," Mom said. "Honey, you can't live here forever."

"She's right, Sarah," Nay put in. "I say you take the check, and we go out and get you a place, maybe in a nicer neighborhood in town since stars make the big bucks."

I huffed through my nose as I glanced around at all three of them, hope in all of their eyes. "Yeesh, you guys are making me do everything, here. First getting onto those sets, and now this."

"We're not making you do anything, we're just helping you make decisions," Mom said.

"And who is it that wants me to move out and be independent?"