Get on their bad side, a race to the finish Part 5

Start from the beginning

"Do not be too hard on yourself. Jack values your help and friendship and that of all of those around him. And I'm sure that he didn't mean what he said earlier. Your friendship is too strong to ever be broken. He's young and has many things to learn. Whenever I see Jack growing more and more, he reminds me of myself." Optimus said as he wipes a stray tear that fell as Emily was feeling a lot better now as she sniffs a little.

"Wow... I never would've thought of that. Sorry for not following your rules." Emily said before apologizing softly as Optimus couldn't help but chuckle at that. Rules can be broken but they can learn from their mistakes.

"I accept your apology and thank you for your honesty." Optimus told her with a smile as she smiled back.

"Thanks for helping me." She said with a soft smile before she felt a blush crept up her cheeks.

"It... really means a lot to me." She told him shyly as he nodded.

"It's always a pleasure to help someone in need." Optimus said as he offered his servo as Emily got on his servo as he lifted her up.

"Yeah. So you once were like Jack?" She then asked curiously since he said that Jack reminded Optimus of himself before.

"Yes. But that was a long time ago." He said as he set her on his shoulder plate as they resumed their work as Emily wondered what Optimus was like before.

Flashback ends;

Optimus glanced at his passenger through the rearview mirror and saw that Emily was looking a little worried and became concerned.

"Don't worry, Emily. Everything will be alright." He reassured her as she sighed.

"I know it will. It has to. If something bad happens to Jack and the last thing we did was argue, I would never be able to forgive myself and I'm not gonna lose a friend tonight." Emily said and she could have sworn that the seatbelt was squeezing her gently in comfort.

"We're entering the town's premises. I'm trying to establish contact with the others but no one is answering. Radio must be dead." Ratchet said through the radio before Emily took out her phone. If the radio isn't working maybe the cell phones might work.

"I'll call Jack." She said as she dialed his number and it started to ring.

Meanwhile, Jack went to see how the others were doing since he didn't hear any fighting. When he got there, he saw that everyone was down for the count with injuries.

"Oh no." He muttered before he heard his phone ringing.

He takes his phone out of his pocket and sees that it was Emily calling him just in the nick of time much to his relief. He answers the call quickly.

"Emily." Jack answered in relief.

"Jack. Oh, thank goodness you're there. You okay?" She asked as Jack looked at the others worriedly.

"I'm fine. But we need help. The others are down." Jack explained.

Somewhere in town, Optimus spoke up to Ratchet after hearing that.