Break away....

KELSEY

Golden Pavilion Hotel

Grand Ballroom

The F Company 5th Anniversary

Theme: Cabaret: A night of glitter and harmony

.........................................

As I  stared  back into my reflection in the mirror in front of me, I really looked like a mess, my eyes were swollen, my face somber and puffy and I looked terrible...

What the hell was wrong with me?

Shit!

I should have known better, not to let my issues with Gabriel affect my life, he didn't care, I should not have cared  ten times over. I was just a full of shit having wasted  all my emotions to a man who did not give a single damn! The nerve, he even chose to abruptly end our conversation and being mushy with his fiancee than talking it over with me about Jeremy! I was such a fool!

" I've had enough of that 'devil' !"

The gig which I agreed to do after such a long time  was  forty  minutes away,  I was feeling rather edgy instead of the previous excitement I had when I accepted it.   I kept fumbling with my fingers and moistened my lips,  not to mention the feeling of tiny butterflies  that kept fluttering on my stomach, I had to do something to occupy my mind. 

The fast days, I needed to let out some emotions out of my system,  and  one of my effective way to do that was to sing. I was just glad that the same gig was offered to me and I just grabbed it. And after such a long break, having been tied up looking after Jeremy, I could not stop myself from being anxious,  an imminent stage freight would definitely bring me down and put me in a big disaster  if i would not pull myself together.

Fiona, the professional stylist whom I've known long before for few occasions did my hair and face, she wanted to do a festival inspired make up on me. She applied a red eyeshadow and put small rhinestones of different colors and tiny pearls on my eyelids, around my eyes, and cascaded  down my cheekbones, applied a scarlet red matte lipstick and redone my hair on loose chignon with dainty feathers hair accessory's in black and white. I was wearing the same black dress and I changed my shoes to a five inches heeled strapped black sandals. She magically transformed me into someone else, albeit the messy appearance I had after drowning myself into tears that afternoon.

"Darling, you look so soooo beautiful, so gorgeous, stunning, you could be a movie star...!" The stylist exclaimed, staring at me happily with pride.

" No, I'm not...and not in my life." I smiled at her, and shook my head.

"Don't be so stingy, we all need to see this rare beauty, you have to flaunt it for all the world to see!"

"It's not for me, thanks for the compliment anyway, it's because you did a great job, thank you, Fiona."

"Well, okay, I just hope you'll change your mind." She sighed.

"Wear this."  She handed me a pair of black  lace below the elbow  fingerless gloves.

As I was wearing it, there was a knock on the door, the event's director came in, "Kelsey,  are you ready? You have ten minutes."

I took a sharp intake of breath.

..........................................................................

GABRIEL

The hotel was full of party people, so noisy and hot,  much to my growing annoyance. The centralized cooling system did not do much to the fiery heat I had inside of me.  I entered the grand ball room with Helene, Jacob following behind us, the lights were slightly dimmed as part of the show have just started.