1.

Randy pov

I held my briefcase in one hand and my eight year old daughter in the next. My car is out getting fixed which resulted in me leaving work early to pick her from school. She was swinging our hands as she ate her corn dog, swaying her head side to side happily. I smiled and shook my head at her as we walked through the park as a short cut home.

"Daddy look a squirrel! Look that bird! Why would she wear that?" If I only look at all the those things I'd suffer a sever neck pain. "No, daddy really look at her. That outfit is hideous." She began to point and I look down at her with a warning look. "It is not nice to point and bad talk people's outf- err what was she thinking? That is down right hideous." I couldn't carry on teaching my daughter because I was distracted by the woman who has a fake bird nest on her head and dressed in a super tight jumpsuit. Which may I add is in pink. What is wrong with people these days?

"Told you." My daughter bragged about being right. She is so much like her mother it annoys me at times.

"Yeah, well don't point. She may be crazy and attack us. She may catch us an feed us to her birds."

My daughter began to laugh really loudly. Vein popping out her forehead just like her mother's. She is everything like her mother the only reason I know she isn't her mother from the past is the bright blue eyes she got from me. I put my finger on my lip quieting her from my laughing. I'm not even sure if I was joking, that lady seems crazy.

"Did mommy use to dress like that?" She looked up at me with her bright blue eyes and I stop breathing for a moment. Her mother left us a month after she gave birth to her. She just packed up an left. I remember it like yesterday but it was eight years ago. "Sweetie would I go out with your mother if she dressed like that?" I lighten the situation. The little brown hair girl began to laugh loudly again as she threw her corn dog stick in the bin we just pass. She always loved nature just like her mother. "I don't know. People say when you are young you do dumb things." I look down a little shock at her words, hoping that is all she heard about that. "I was smart."
"Sure you were daddy." Her voice was teasing and sarcastic as I playfully pulled my hand from her tiny soft hands. She faked a gasp -an over exaggerate gasp. "Daddy I said you were smart." She tried to play it off as if she really meant it giving me puppy doll eyes. "Er, stop cheating using those eyes on me like that." I held her hand again as she giggled squeezing my finger the best she can. "Works like a charm." She boost and I rolled my eyes and look around my surroundings.

"Bragging is an ugly trait." I told her.

"Yeah, well it is cute on me." Her soft voice replay.

"You are so vain."

"No I'm not! You are the vain one here daddy."

"I am not vain-"

I was cut off by someone bumping into me or me walking into someone. I'm sure it is the latter since I was looking at my little vain angel. I stumble a bit but regain balance quickly and so did the other person. "I'm sorr- Randy." My head snap to the stranger who knew my name. When I look at the person I realize that they aren't no stranger to me at all. "Nicole?" I didn't know what else to say since I'm in shock Nicole is actually standing right in front of me. She smiled and her eyes lower to my side to look at my daughter who was already looking up at her with a confuse face. "Monique?" Nikki said but it came out like a question as her eyes raise back up to look at me while I nod.

Nicole aka Nikki's eyes had nothing but shock in them. Her mouth was slightly parted as she took in the situation and Monique. I saw a bit of heartbreak in her eyes too. "Are you my mummy? You look like the old version on me." Monique's little voice broke us out of our trance as Nikki cast her eye sight back down at the little girl holding my hands. I can tell Nikki feels bad, guilty and her heart is breaking. And it should be because she had a part to play also. "No, sweetie I'm not your mother." Pain and shock is the only thing I heard in her voice and Monique look down a bit sad. While Nicole shot her a sad look.