The Butler and The Chef

Start from the beginning

She's flustered by the answer and leads the father-son duo to the table.

However, how many times she thought, the elder looks like he has some motive other than having a 'date' with his grown-up son.

'Am I being sensitive? Stop thinking something useless, Raisa.'

She shook her head from side to side and do her job.

"What would you like to order, sirs?"

"What Young Master-nim usually have?"

"Hmm...There's a lot, to be honest."

'Usually, it's not something from the menu. He kept suggesting to make confectionery or food from our previous world.'

Raisa rested her chin on her hand while recalling all the dishes and desserts she made for Cale and the children.

She has no complaints as the redhead gave him more than she deserves.

'I know he's rich but a gold coin every time he visits is too much.'

Of course, she refused most of the time.

Also, she likes to see the children's intrigued and happy faces every time she made something from her hometown.

Then, a deep voice interrupted her thought.

"...No wonder Young Master-nim eat less dinner these days."

The owner of the solemn voice is Beacrox who has just been silent since he entered the bakery.

The lady flinched by the meaning of those words.

'Eat less dinner? Cale? Is it my fault?'

Silence descended in the room.

It's suffocated for the lady as her expression hardened.

Upon noticing her discomfort, Ron changed the topic.

"We will take the popular dessert for this season."

"Ah, yes. Please wait a moment."

The elder spoke to Raisa gently like a grandfather talking to a child.

The lady nodded her head and leave the father-son duo alone.

Ron turned his brown eyes towards his only one son.

Beacrox avoided his father's piercing gaze.

"I didn't mean it like that..."

Beacrox may look like his father but he's not the type to talk softly or use nice words like his father.

He's also couldn't make a friendly expression.

"Here you go. This is our new menu for this season. It goes well with the jasmine tea."

At that moment, the lady with ash-brown hair returned with a tray.

She put down two cups of tea and a plate of peculiar round confectionery.

Even though it looks odd, the confectionery fulfills the spring season theme.

"Flower...?"

"It's an edible flower. This dessert is called 'Hwajeon'."

Hwajeon is a small Korean pan-fried rice cake also known as a flower cake.

It is made out of glutinous rice flour, honey, and edible petals from borages, nasturtiums, cornflowers, and many more spring edible flowers.

Perfect dessert for the season of floras.

Ron and Beacrox looked at the dessert with interest especially Beacrox, the Chef of Henituse Duchy.