Prologue

{She came to you abandoning all those who loved her, she left them behind, can you imagine the depth of her sacrifice?}

༻❁༺

All Rights Reserved © 2024 Alaa Adele

No part of this book may be reproduced or retransmitted in any form (including, but not limited to, photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods) without the prior written consent of the copyright holder/publisher. Any infringement is a violation of copyright law.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events, and incidents are the product of the authors' imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, dead or living is purely coincidental.

༻❁༺

Am I not the girl you dream of? Have I never once visited the threshold of your thoughts?
In an ocean of women vying for your attention; I will never stand a chance.

You were always there on a pedestal; high up above the blustery clouds.

You.

The thought of you fills me up when I starve.
It quenches me when I thirst. It comforts me when I beckon for your love.
The thought of you alone enough to satisfy a craving within my heart, a stubborn itch in my soul.

Won't you notice me? Are you not fazed by the pull of my affection, the intensity of my lingering gaze?

In times such as these, when I start to wonder.
When? When have I become envious of the ground you walked upon? When was the last time my head was free of the thought of you?

You ruined me, in such a sweet way.

Your name chanted in my mind, a far away echo undulating in the mesh of my brain.

It calls to you, my love.

Can you hear it?

Please.
Listen closer.

It longes for you.