Pilot Part 1

This takes place during Season 1 the pilot episode.

September 2002

10 year old Ella's P.O.V Flashback

Dad and Sam had a huge argument about hunting and blah, blah, blah. I didn't have to listen to all the details to understand that Sammy just wanted to have a normal life beyond hunting. It's what he's always wanted and always brought up in every verbal fight he's had with Dad through the years. The only difference this time was that it was getting extremely worse with each horrific remark they threw at each other.

I didn't want to see them argue anymore, so I hid behind Dean and grabbed onto the safety of the back of his leather jacket. I anxiously bit my nails while hoping they'd stop soon. I mean, I've heard them argue before, but it's never been this loud. Dean glanced back at me. When his eyes met mine he put an arm around me while trying his best to reassure me, "Don't worry, it's gonna be okay and everything's gonna go back to business as usual."

"How do you know?"I glanced up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Cause I'm older I've witness this many times before it always follows the same pattern, first they yell, say things they'll regret later, but eventually the whole thing blows over once they've run out of steam."He explained while watching Sam and Dad's verbal battle rage on.

I hoped Dean was right, that this all would just blow over, but at the end of the argument that hope faded away when I heard Dad yell,"If you leave don't bother coming back!"

Sam was silent and quickly packed his bags. Then he walked out the door as tears streamed down my face. The idea of him leaving and never coming back was enough to make me run out the door after him.

I flinched when I heard my Dad's voice boom from behind me, "Isabella Mary Hope Winchester you come back here right now young lady!" I knew I was in big trouble since he used my full name. He never does that unless I've done something really bad.

I didn't dare look back to face his wrath and just kept moving forward. I knew I was gonna get grounded for not listening to him, but I just had to talk to Sammy. I needed to give him a proper goodbye. As much as it hurt to let him go I knew it was the right thing to do.

"Sammy wait!" I called out as I desperately tried to catch up to him, but my short legs could only move so fast. I guess heard me, because the next thing he did was stop in his tracks and turn around. I ran towards him and hugged him as tears continued to stream down my cheeks. He bent down and wiped away my tears away with his hand, "Don't cry Ella. It's going to be okay. I'll call you okay."

"Sammy, pinky promise you'll call me." I said while whipping away my tears with my sleeve.

Sam put out his pinky and I wrapped mine around his. A smile spread across my lips as I said, "Just remember Sammy, if you break your promise I'll punch you."

Sam chuckled as his eyes welled up with tears threatening to spill over. Then he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I know and I'll keep the promise Ella."I heard him whisper as he released me from our hug.

Then Dean stood next to me and pulled me into a side hug. I leaned on him and gripped on tight to his leather jacket as we watched Sammy walk further away from us. I sniffled as tears continued to go down my cheeks. I wiped my tears away with the back of my sleeve and looked up at Dean while mumbling, "I hope Sammy will be okay."

Dean kissed the top of my head as he whispered,"Me too Elle."

Then he glanced over at Sam and glared while clenching his jaw. I couldn't help noticing how Dean's expression slowly softened as he watched Sammy continue to walk further away in the distance. I could tell he was beyond pissed at him for leaving, but he also appeared to be worried about Sam being out there by himself. I bit my nails while internally praying that he would be kept safe no matter where he went and that he'd return to us in the future.