20

All of Your Friends Have Been Here for too Long
They Must be Waiting for you to Move On
-

I wake up with Blaise's legs across my stomach, and the feeling of something wet on my collarbone. I look down, seeing George's head resting just below my shoulder and drool dripping from his mouth onto my skin.

"Yuck!" I abruptly sit upright, pushing George off of me whilst simultaneously using his sleeve to wipe the spit from my collarbone.

He stirs awake, as do Luna, Blaise, and Fred from the commotion. It takes everyone a minute to adjust to their surroundings, probably not having realized we all decided to crash in the twins' dorm rather than our own.

"Sorry 'bout that Bells." George lazily wipes the rest of his drool, his eyelids still drooped.

My attention is suddenly averted to the window as the sound of loud cheering clamors from outside.

"Shit," I hiss. "The Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw quidditch game!"

Everyone immediately stands following my words. It definitely won't look good on me as a captain to not show up to the first match, even if it's not our own. Even for the rest of them as players it won't look good if they're not there.

"C'mon!" I usher them all to the door, us all then practically tumbling down the stairs from being in such a rush.

We sprint our way out of the nearest exit that leads to the quidditch pitch, then splitting off from each other towards our designated house bleachers. I lock my arm through Blaise's, practically dragging him up the bleachers where I spot Draco's platinum hair. We take our seats by Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Eleanor, Kira, and Sydney as discreetly, yet quickly as possible.

Draco eyes Blaise and me up and down, accusation and amusement on his face. "And where have you two been?"

"Puffin' clouds, rolling joints," says Blaise smugly. "Jealous?"

Draco places his hand over his heart, feigning a hurt expression. "And I wasn't invited?"

I smirk, flashing my eyes between him and Kira. "I recall you being a bit... preoccupied." I remember back to watching them exit the ballroom together in a sneaky hurry.

Kira pretends not to overhear, but I see the blood rise in her cheeks.

"Well, you two weren't here to hear, but we were thinking of trying to find the secret luminescent pool that's hidden in the castle after the game," says Eleanor. "I've heard the rumors of it, but supposedly it's only allowed to be used by prefects, and it's hidden pretty well."

I frown. "I wish I could, but I already have plans for this afternoon."

Sydney looks at me curiously. "What're you doing?"

I look around the group who all have the same curious expression. I guess I sounded suspicious when I said I have plans.

"Meeting up with Diggory," I mutter, hiding my face from the gasps and judgmental faces from all around.

"Bella..." Blaise trails off. I don't like the condescension behind his voice, as if he knows what's best for me.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Kira asks with the same tone.

"Don't tell me you two are on speaking terms again," Draco says, accusatory.

"Yeah..." Eleanor nods. "If you decide to give him another chance after what he put you through all those years ago, that's on you. I'm not gonna be there to pick up the pieces this time."

Sydney shoots her a glare. "If things go south, we'll all be there." She then turns to me. "But I don't think you should give things the opportunity to go south."