Chapter One

I was in the field playing some football with Cody, my most favorite best guy friend. Yeah sure he's a guy but he's my best friend. He's loyal and so sweet, he 's not perfect but come on it's the imperfections that makes him, well him.

Theres nothing left to say to say about Cody, hes just Cody, my best guy friend. Playing football with him makes me feel like im not different that im not just some girl he hangs around.

Everyone thinks that because Cody and I hang out all the time means were dating or something. We're not though. Hes like my brother I never had. Cody is and will always be like that.

I have never really had a real brother because My brother never is home he left to live with his friends, and I don't know what its like to have a dad to substitute in for that brother to play sports with me or be overprotective when I go to parties or out with friends, because well he left my mom when I was born. She says he just wasn't even ready to have a kid and have a family.

Enough about that. Im used to it being that way so why am i thinking about that. I should be focusing on the footb-...

"Kat, watch out theres a lo-g behind you!" Cody yelled

"Humph"

"Kat, Kat oh my god are you okay?" Cody asked me as he was checking to make sure i hadnt broken anything.

"Yes im fine just help me up please." I answered

"Oh thank god, I thought you twisted your ankle or something, that would be bad for your next soccer game tomorrow."

"I'm fine really it just knocked the wind out of me." I replied as he picked me and started to carry me to the blanket we had put out.

"I'm fine you don't need to carry me to the blanket. I'm not hurt."

"I know Kat I just want to make sure you know. Your mom expects me to watch out for you." Cody said

He has such a soft heart and he acts like my mom all the time. Which he shouldn't because I'm 16 I can take care of myself. But then yet again hes so sweet and he likes to look after me.

"So are you excited to be a a junior this year. Cause I am only a week till school starts." Cody asked

"Eh, sort of I'm excited to be a junior but I really dont want to go back to school. It's not going to be the same without Ashley being there to help me out with all the drama." I replied
My other best friend Ashley moved to Texas for her dad's new job which is really far considering that I live in North Dakota. She used to help me with all my boy problems and all the drama between me and the other girls.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot that Ash left. Its going to be so empty at our corner table in the lunch room." Cody exclaimed with a frown.

Yes corner table,thats right every year at every luch we would sit in the corner table. The one next to the large window over looking the pond. The only people who ever sits there is Ashley, Cody, and I. No one ever bothered to sit with us but thats ok I liked it with just us any ways.

"Do you feel that" I asked

"Feel what, Kat." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Rain drops I just felt one on my forehead." I touch my forehead and sure enough it's wet.

"Huh thats wired it's not supposed to rain today."

"Lets pack up and head to the Jeep." I tell him.

Little did we know that when we got to Cody's Jeep was that it was out if gas and there was no way if putting the Jeep's cover up.

"Great we're screwed. The gas ran out and without gas I can't start the Jeep to put the top on." Cody said with a frustrated frown.

"Well I can text your sister to come pick us up." I replied

"Like she would come out in the pouring rain to save our save our sorry as-"

"Dont you dare swear you know i hate it when you do that, and who knows maybe she will come save us,"

"Oh alright text her she'll probably say yes since she loves you." Cody says sarcastically. "Or we can just enjoy the rain and get a little wet then walk to the cabin?"he continues.

"Hmmm that sounds good it looks like you could use a mud facial."

"A wh-" he didnt finish his sentence because I threw a handful of mud at him.

"Oh Ms. Katerina Conrads wants to have a mud fight? Well challenge accepted!"