I pulled away from the hug with teary eyes, whispering, "Only if you promise not to let Saint near me again. Only if you swear you will let my mother go."

"If you prove your loyalty to me tonight, I'll let her go," Viktor stated.

Hope danced to the rhythm of my heart deep in my chest.

"I'll do anything for you, Viktor. I was wrong before... I was stupid. You helped me see that Saint only succeeded at manipulating me and making me feel like I need him to survive. Now, I know that I don't. All I really need is you," I said, sniffling up some of the fluid from my nose.

Viktor stared into my eyes, placing his palm on my cheek and softly wiping away my tears.

"I'm sorry for being cruel to you before. It hurt me knowing you wanted someone else," he said, leaning down to plant a kiss in my forehead. "I know you feel our connection. You felt it from the moment you met me... it was electrifying."

He was right. I always felt some pull toward him. It explained why I was always so happy knowing that Saint left him to watch over me. He helped me smile and laugh when I was at my lowest point. As Saint battered and bruised me mentally, he was there to guide me to enlightenment.

"It was," I said almost dreamily like I was recalling a favorite memory.

I had been on my own for so long. I didn't know what it felt like to have any form of attachment to someone. Viktor was my first friend. Viktor was the first person to make me actually laugh in years. He was there for me.

"I know, Reyna, I know. Let me be the one for you. I will get you a big house full of violins..." he leaned down so his head rested in the crook of my neck. His hands found themselves on my hips as he began to sway side to side.

"...I will make sure you never shed a single tear ever again. I will protect you..." he kissed my neck. "...I will cherish you..." he did it again. "...I will love you."

"I will always let you. I do love you, Viktor," I said, tearfully. "I didn't know it before but I know it now."

He pulled his head out from the crook of my neck to look down at me. His movements came to a pause while his gaze dropped down to my lips. He began to lean in and my eyes shut in anticipation.

There was a knock on the door that completely interrupted us. I pulled away from Viktor and fixed my stare onto the door.

He cleared his throat. "Excuse me."

I watched him walk over to the door where he pulled it open. The bald guard from earlier muttered a few incoherent words just before departing. After shutting the door, Viktor turned to me.

"It's time we head to the event. We'll have to continue this another time. Like I said, prove your loyalty tonight, and your mother will be free tomorrow. I have faith you'll behave." Viktor raised his brows like a mother scolding her child.

"I will," I reassured him.

"Good. Let's get going," he said, walking over to me and placing his hand on my lower back. Guiding me out the door, he led me down the long hallway and staircase until we were at the front entrance.

"I'm curious..." I began.

The guards opened the front door for us and we were guided to the car.

Viktor helped me into the backseat of the vehicle just before getting in himself.

"About?" he questioned.

"How did you get through my firewall? You know... to send that video to my computer?" I asked. It had been on my mind since the moment he had done it.

I worked my ass off to rebuild it after the first time he broke through it and kidnapped me for Saint.

"Silly, girl." He chuckled. "I was with you when you rebuilt it. All I had to do was watch you do it."

I hummed.

Just then, the bald guard got into the passenger seat and shut the door just before the driver drove off. I couldn't help but look at the phone in his pocket that had lit up the moment he got a notification. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched him take his phone from his pocket and type in his password.

243568

I had to keep repeating the numbers in my head so I wouldn't forget them. While I did that, Viktor busied himself with putting his hands on my thigh. I turned to him with a smile as I leaned closer into him.

"This is everything I have ever wanted," Viktor told me.

"Me too." I smirked.

-
Instagram: amarieauthor
Twitter: amarieauthor
Facebook: authoramarie
Tiktok: amarieauthor
Website: amarieauthor.carrd.co

It's another short chapter, but hear me out! I wasn't planning on doing this but after reading a few of you guy's comments, I decided to add it in. I know it's a little boring and slow right now... but you're going to wish it stayed this way for the next couple of chapters -trust me!

Question: What do you think about Reyna?

Thank you for reading. Please vote!