Chapter 1

~Your P.O.V~

I finished coloring in the blood red rose I was drawing.
"That's beautiful, (Y/N)!" My art teacher exclaimed looking over the canvas.
"My, it looks like you took a picture." The art teacher said running her fingers over the canvas.
"How-... how did you do this?" The art teacher asked.
"I just drew it. Nothing special." I said. The art teacher smiled.

"Can.. Can I keep this?" The art teacher asked. My eyes went wide. She wanted that?!
"Of course you can." I said. The art teacher smiled then looked at the clock on the wall.
"Okay class. Class is over, you can leave." The art teacher said and waved everyone off. I grabbed my (F/C) folder with my drawings in it and stuffed it in my bag. I grabbed the bag and walked out the art room. I walked out the building and started to walk home. While I was walking I thought I heard footsteps behind me. I whipped around and saw no one. I sighed in relief and continued to walk. That's when I saw the park. I smiled a little and walked faster to the park bench. I sat down on the park bench and pulled out my folder out my bag. I got a pencil and started to draw. Then the feeling of being watched came. I perked my head up and looked around. I saw nothing unusual. I looked back down and continued to draw. When I finished I realized I drew a bleeding rose. I smiled, it looked better than I expected. I looked through my bag for a red marker or colored pencil. I couldn't find one!
"Where's my dang red marker..." I mumbled.
"Do you need a red marker?" A voice asked next to me. I jerked my head up and saw it was a guy with black hair and blue eyes. He was holding a red marker in his hand, holding it out to me. I took it hesitantly.
"T-Thank you." I said taking the maker out his hand.
"No problem, I saw you drawing and I heard you saying something about a red marker so I decided to help." He said. The guy had the same look on his face, a blank expression. He seemed tired or bored. He black hair was everywhere and his eyes had bags under them.
"What are you drawing?" He asked peeking over my shoulder to see the paper. His eyes widened. I quickly pressed the folder against my chest.
"S-Sorry, it's bad. I know..." I said looking down at the ground.
"No! It's... amazing... " He said looking at me. I blushed a bit.
"N-no it's not but thank you." I said. I took the cap off the red marker and a strange odor filled my nose. It didn't smell like the chemicals you usually smell, this was different. I started to color the rose. The red was the most beautiful red color I've ever seen.
"This red is beautiful! Where did you get it?" I asked not looking up from the paper.
"I... Don't remember." He said. I looked up from the paper and saw he wasn't looking at me. Lier...
"Okay... " I said looking back at the paper. I was so amazed at this color! It was beautiful! It was bright, not firetruck red but a bright red. Yet it was a dark color... It was beautiful. I finished and looked at my artwork. It looked better than I thought. The guy was looking over my shoulder again to see.
"This is really good... " He said. I handed him back his maker.
"Thank you. I'm (Y/N) by the way." I said putting my hand out for him to shake.
"I'm Helen." 'Helen' said shaking my hand. I smiled and he returned it. But his smile was fake. I frowned and he did also.
"What's wrong?" Helen asked.
"Your smile... it's fake. Show me a real smile." I demanded. Helen sighed then smiled again. It was also fake.
"No. Helen... a real smile." I said smiling slightly.
"I can't. I can't remember the last time I smiled." Helen said looking at the ground. I frowned.
"I'm sorry... " I said. He looked back up at me.
"Oh, it's not your fault." He said. I nodded then looked up at the sky. The clouds were getting dark. I sighed and looked back at Helen.
"I should get going. It's going to rain, but I'll see you around." I said putting my stuff in my bag and getting up. Helen got up also.
"Okay, I should be leaving too. But I will see you again, (Y/N)." Helen said walking away. What did he mean by 'you will see me again'? I shrugged it off and started to walk home.