I pulled my knees to my chest in attempt to find a comfortable or even warm position as my silk pyjamas from the night before still clung to my body. The silk cool against my skin from the cold air.

"Your biological mother Anastasia, and your father Augustus met each other when she was on a mission from Asgard to Earth. They became acquainted with each other, as much as the rules told them not to. They fell in love and all that mushy, gushy stuff," he winked before continuing, "Then you were born. Your mother went to Asgard to rejoice in your birth, and your father stayed on Earth, patiently in wait of your return. Now you may be wondering why he didn't go with your mother? Their relationship was a secret to S.H.I.E.L.D for who knows why, and there was no excuse that could land him a trip to Asgard. None. So, he continued waiting. In the mean time, your birth was finally discovered by H.Y.D.R.A."

"How did they find out?"

"I was getting to that." a smirk appearing on his face, "If only you inherited your mother's patience. You were birthed with help of a doctor from H.Y.D.R.A. That same doctor took care of your injuries from that nasty car accident. It was by luck really. If you had only gone to a different hospital, or even a different doctor, your life would be so much different."

He paced around the room, each step calculated and precise. He was now five steps away from the cell. It's bars beckoned me to jump, and claw at him through the small spaces, but I remained seated.

What did he mean by my biological mother?

And somehow the whole of Asgard was allowed to know about my existence, but S.H.I.E.L.D wasn't? It just didn't make sense. He had to be lying or spinning the truth to make fit his own storyline.

"H.Y.D.R.A, sent a letter to your mother, and one to your father. What was inside of those letters, changed their lives forever."

I looked towards my father, his eyes trained towards the ground, and then I looked to Professor Violet, his eyes on me. Mostly likely watching, and analyzing any type of reaction that I show.

"Your powers were easy enough to determine where you inherited them from. They're from your mother, I'm sure I don't need to explain that further, your father never had any sort of talent anyway. But, I'm going guess you don't really care where you got your powers from. You want to know what was in those letters?"

I didn't shake my head or nod. I didn't say a word. I sat there, unmoving as I stared at him. I didn't have anything to say, this had to be some trick. There had to be something I needed to say or do to make him tell me what I needed to know.

"The letters are actually right here," he said, his hand stretched out with his palm open. Professor Violet stepped forward pulling two white envelopes from inside his lab coat, and placing them in his hand.

He shook them in front of me, taunting me, "I'm sure you would love for me to hand you these so that you can open them, read all their secrets." he laughed, throwing his head back, "You know what, sometimes I crack myself up."

A timer went off. The ringing sound filling the room.

"Oh well would you look at that?," he turned towards his watch, pulling it free from underneath his sleeve, "Times up for today. We'll see each other again very soon but for now, you can just admire these letters from a far."

He placed each envelope exactly a meter out of my reach. Without another sound, he turned on his heel and left the room through the same double doors my father walked in, but not without adding, "Oh and, sleep tight." with that he was out of sight, Professor Violet and my father in tow.

A soon as the doors shut I was hit with a wave of silence. Like the walls were filled of sound-proofed insulation. The only noise I could hear was my heart in my chest, beating rapidly as I take in the room around me, how I could feel so much confinement in such a large space.