CHAPTER 9

Y/N's POV:

"That's who lady Y/N, what do you mean?"

His voice now a gentle whisper, as the room in front of me began advancing in slow motion. I could see their lips moving, but not a single sound came from them.

With each stumbled step I took to regain my balance, it was followed by my legs giving out from the weight of my body.

After almost collapsing twice, I was finally able to sturdy myself on Steve's shoulder.

My breath unsteady, and fast-paced; my chest rose and fell quickly as my lungs felt they were being tightened with each inhale.

My hands shaking with each deep breath I took to calm myself down.

"Here kid sit down, drink something," Tony said as he pulled one of the chairs out from under the long table, placing a small glass of water in front of me.

I slowly sat down closing my eyes and inhaling deeply.

Looking up I saw his eyes now on mine, the eyes I had feared to see again; his now hands crossed against his chest. A look of remorse slowly fell upon his face.

He remembered.

The room fell silent once again, as everyone in the room stood still.

Their eyes now on me.

Thoughts were running in and out of my head of every possible way this conversation could go.

Should I tell the truth? Or should I just pretend I thought he was someone else? No, you have to tell them. What If they don't know?

I looked down at the floor trying to ignore the tension that had built up in the room before I began to speak. 

"When I was leaving a cafe a couple of weeks ago after a meeting with my father... these men were in my car," I paused and looked around at the many faces that were all glued to mine as I continued. "They held a gun to my head and told me that they had placed bombs around the building, and if I made a sound or didn't cooperate they would blow the place. A bag was then placed over my head and arms pulled me out of my car, and into a van. They hit me with something over my head causing me to blackout; and when I came to, I was tied to a chair in a dark room. Then... Seargent Barnes stepped out from the shadows and into the light as a man muttered words into his ears. He then tortured me. For two days I was cut, beaten, and waterboarded over and over until the last day he got angry. He began seriously hurting me until  he was pulled away. He dropped his knife that he was using, and so I picked it up to set myself free. Little did I know that wasn't the end of it,"

I paused again, this time looking at him straight in the eyes. With each word I spoke of his torture, he turned away. Not being able to face me. The one that got away.

"He chased me around the warehouse along with two other men, and in the process eventually capturing me in a headlock. At that moment I knew I was going to die. I thought that that was going to be my last memory. Then Thor came out of nowhere and he got away. He helped me heal myself and then later took me to Asgard, and now here we are."

I slouched down in my seat as everyone took time to process what I had said. After hearing what happened to me out loud, visions of those days played and replayed in my head. 

I left out the part where they had asked me for information I had no clue about considering I had only met them minutes ago.

After a while of what seemed to be endless silence, I sat up and turned to look at Thor.

His fists were clenched as he stared across the room.

During my time in Asgard Thor and I had developed a sibling relationship. He was protective of his friends and family and wouldn't let anything happen to them. This resulted in him often blaming himself for me getting hurt, telling me if he had arrived sooner everything would be fine.