𝟑| 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

Y/n steps forward. "Derek."

"A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? I'm teaching you how to survive!" Derek explains, letting go of Isaac's arm, ignoring his sister.

"If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" Isaac asks.

"I don't know. But they're planning something. And you two, especially, know that's not our only problem." Derek reminds, glancing between Y/n and Isaac. "Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

* * *

The hallways of Beacon Hills High School were quiet as people could only be seen on the lacrosse field, families on the bleachers as they watched the game go on, the opposing team knocking into the other players, practically hurting them. Through the halls, Erica had a tight grip on the back of Stiles' neck as she led him through the quiet and dark halls after finding him in the principal's office, soon leading him to the pools.

There, stood Derek and Y/n, a basketball in the older werewolf's hands before he tossed it to his sister. The only human in the room let out a sigh at the sight of them, wondering what they could possibly want. Meanwhile, the blonde let go of his neck and stopped beside Y/n, a smirk on her face.

"What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" Derek questions, getting straight to the point.

Stiles shrugs. "Several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting."

When both Hale siblings were able to intimidate the human, he began to describe what the creature looked like. Yellow-ish eyes, a scaly body, lots of teeth and a long tail and plenty more. The brunette didn't even take notice of the three werewolves looking up above and behind him, seeing the exact creature he was describing right in front of their faces. It didn't take too long for Stiles to follow their gazes, instantly jumping back and behind the werewolves, knowing he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Both Derek and Y/n growled when the creature jumped down in front of them, knocking Erica to the side with it's tale, knocking her out immediately. Derek turned to Stiles and his sister, instructing them to run just as the creature swipes at his next. Y/n was quick to catch her brother and with the help of Stiles, they were speeding in-between the pools as Derek's body was limp against them.

"Stiles, call Scott!" Y/n demands.

Doing as told, the human digs into his pocket, fumbling to grab his phone which falls to the floor. Bending down, Derek's weight goes all on Y/n, which she doesn't expect and the Hale siblings were falling right into the pool beside them. Contemplating on whether to call Scott or help them, Stiles soon dives in after, helping Y/n bring Derek and her up to the surface when he saw her struggle to swim up and carry Derek.

"Will you two get me out of here before I drown?" Derek asks.

Y/n raises a brow at her brother. "You're worried about drowning?"

"Yeah, did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor-sharp teeth?" Stiles reminds as they tried to keep him up.

"Did you notice that I'm paralyzed from the neck down in eight feet of water?" Derek fires back.

For a little while, they watched as the creature crawled around the pool, it's yellow slitted eyes trained right on them. Y/n and Stiles watched as the creature went to place it's paw in the water, but hissed and jumped back when it made contact with the liquid, realizing that the creature couldn't swim. For a while, the three were in the middle of the pool as the creature circled them.

"I have to try. I'm gonna call Scott." Stiles grunts out, looking right to Y/n. "Y/n, you got this."

Before the werewolf could say anything else, the human let go of Derek and swam right to where his phone laid. At least for about a minute or so, Y/n was able to hold both her and her brother up until her arms were getting even more weak and they were sinking below the water. It didn't last too long when Stiles dove back in after letting go of his phone and he helped them both back up to the surface.

"Tell me Scott's coming!" Y/n exclaims through her gasps.

Stiles shakes his head. "He hung up."

More time had passed and both Y/n and Stiles agreed to swim to somewhere that they could hold on to while also making sure the creature wouldn't be able to reach them. As they got to the edge of the pool, a pair of hands grabbed ahold of all of them and pulled them out of the water.

There, crouched down, was Scott as a werewolf, growling loudly at the scaly creature. The three watched as the creature threw Scott into a mirror before the werewolf picked up a shard of glass. Next thing they knew, the creature was crawling up the walls and out of the school through the window on the roof.

* * *

After getting out of the pool, Scott and Stiles found themselves leaning against a car, the laptop they had gotten from the principal's office on the head of the car as they scrolled through the pages and pages that were on the screen, the words on it not even looking English to them.

"Is that even a language?" Stiles questions as they look at the screen.

Scott sighs. "How are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?"

"It's called a Kanima." Derek calls out, him, Y/n and Erica who was now awake walking over.

"You knew this whole time?" Stiles asks.

Derek shakes his head. "No. Only when it was confused by it's own reflection."

"It doesn't know what it is." Scott states.

"Or who." Y/n adds.

"What else do you know?" Stiles questions.

"Just stories. Rumors." Derek replies.

"But it's like us?" Scott asks, glancing between each of the werewolves.

Y/n nods. "A shapeshifter, yes. But it's not right. It's like a..."

"An abomination." Stiles finishes, receiving a nod in agreement from the girl.

"We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents." Scott suggests.

"You trust them?" Derek questions, disbelief laced in his tone.

"Nobody trusts anyone! That's the problem. While we're here, arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger and faster than any of us, and it's killing people!" Scott yells. "And we still don't even know anything about it!"

"I know one thing. When I find it..." Derek begins as he turns around and starts to walk off. "...I'm gonna kill it."