Chapter 4

I wake up to someone turning on the lights.

I open my eyes and I see Misty dressed in the uniform and her hair in a neat bun.

"Good morning," she smiles and she continues, "So yesterday I wanted to talk to you. If you don't mind me asking, why do you hate your father?" She asks. She opens the closet as I sit up.

I swing my legs off the bed and I stand. I explain, "Because I loved my father. Growing up he was the only thing in my life that mattered. Then he dies, and six years later I find out that he's not dead. So naturally I'm pissed off, sad, and I want to kill him because he left me when I needed him most."

"Oh. I would kill my father too."

"Then I find out that one of my friends are also a part of the Italian Mafia thing, so now I know that he's fake. And he.. He knew close to everything about me. It's nice to know that I don't have any real friends."

"Well, I can be your friend. I'm also an American. I was kidnapped, and brought to Russia," Misty says as she enters the closet and quickly returns with a black dress. "The russian police didn't want to help. A russian officer who thought their arguement to not carry out the investigation was illogical gave my father Lev's number. When Kol found me, we sort of.." Misty turns around, giggling. "I know it sounds sort of cringy, but it was sort of like love at first sight. And then they gave me a decision. If I would join their organization or return home to my family. I decided to stay here with the mafia. Lev and Kol flew my family in for a month. It was a huge surprise, and it gave me a chance to properly say goodbye to my family."

"That's pretty amazing. That was very nice of them," I smile as walk to the bathroom. I close the door and change into the skin-tight black dress. I look at myself in the mirror and a smile.

It's a perfect fit, and it looks so good!

I open the door and I ask, "Who bought all of these clothes?"

Misty steps out of the closet with a pair of black high heels and hands them to me, "I did. Do you like the dress?"

"Like? No girl, I love it! It's perfect, and I love how it feels and looks."

"Thank you," Misty smiles. "And you're welcome. Get the heels on, the meeting starts in a few minutes."

I sit on the bed and I put on the right heel first. "What is this meeting about?" I ask, slipping on the next high heel. I stand up and rest my hands on my hips.

"They have to decide what we're going to do with you. Everyone will be there, Lev, Kol, all of the men, and even one of the mafia's allies!"

"What? Do you guys really need all of those people to decide what to do with a seventeen year old girl?"

I walk back into the bathroom and grab the purple brush on the vanity and quickly brush all of the tangles out of my hair. After brushing my teeth, Misty sets the toilet lid down she forces me to sit.

"You know, I'm not entirely sure. I don't think it's too complicated. I think you should stay here and be my assistant. You could uhh..." She pauses to think. "Oh! I spend a lot of time trying to find Lev or Kol to tell them information about the cases I research. So you could find them and share the information with them for me. That would save a ton of time."

I laugh, "That sounds okay. Do you ever go on, like, missions?"

She observes my face for a couple minutes then she speaks, "Yeah. I go sometimes." She looks at me for one more minute before she says, "Honestly, I don't think you need much makeup. Your skin is fair, there isn't much to cover up. Eyeshadow isn't too necessary. Mascara and lipstick should do the trick."